- You have a keen eye for the details and never leave good enough alone.
- You possess SUPERB written & oral communication skills
- You are organized, disciplined and can manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- You're a master at making complex subjects easily understood through visuals
- You have high standards and can hold project contributors accountable
- You pride yourself on clean, elegant, innovative and efficient code.
- You're stimulated by unique challenges and anxious to engage at Fortune 1 scale only Walmart can provide.
- Designing and maintaining cutting-edge, scalable and reliable solutions to manage Edge Foundation's current & next-gen infrastructure and applications which directly impact Walmart customers.
- Write, document and maintain automated Infrastructure-as-code using state-of-the-art technologies
- Write, document and maintain automated configuration management systems.
- Develop and maintain software and tools to automate routine ops/orchestrations.
- Work closely with our internal customers to deploy EPI services and solutions
- Partner and collaborate with stakeholders to create and support Edge Foundation's ecosystem infrastructure
- Optimize global operation processes and standardsacross EPI products
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams throughout Edge Foundation and Walmart at large.
- Serve as a leader/mentor to a talented team of Software Engineers and cross-functional teams
- Lead by example in Operational Excellence, Documentation, POCs, Tech diagrams/presentations, etc
- Operating with excellence:
- Serve as a key contributor and advocate for the best practices by providing guidance, training, and documentation to business
- Comply with company's policies and procedures that support it's mission, values, and standards of ethics, integrity, and security
- Set an example in managing to KPIs, delivering excellence, presenting at all levels, and developing yourself and others.
- Go (golang)
- Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years experience with large-scale DevOps and/or SWE preferred.
- Solid understanding of web fundamentals, REST, HTTP, APIs, etc.
- Solid comfort with Large-Scale Linux-based platforms and applications
- Ability to write competent code in at least one high-level language.
- Superb oral & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to act as a lead to peers
Sunnyvale, CA - United States of America
Golang Job Details
What you'll do...
Senior Software Engineer - Edge Foundation (EPI)
Do you live, eat and breathe automation? How about automation at scale? Are operational excellence and meticulousness simply what you do? If so, come and join us!
The Edge Foundation team at Walmart designs, creates and manages global customer ingress traffic for all Walmart e-commerce properties. We work on every bit of the customer e-commerce journey and have a unique opportunity to shape the customer experience.
We are looking for a well-versed, experienced Senior DevOps Software Engineer to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Manager of Edge Platform & Ingress (EPI), you will be a key contributor in designing, architecting, building, testing, managing, documenting and maintaining some of the key components and technologies that power our business. Additionally, you will have leadership/mentoring opportunities to other engineers, work closely with cross-functional Walmart teams, and provide a highly available and fault-tolerant platform.
Building the right technology foundation for Infrastructure & platforms is vital to success at the scale of Walmart. Our team builds and maintains the foundational technologies that support the tech organization. Included in this are data platforms, enterprise architecture, DevOps, cloud computing, and infrastructure. All of these products and services are supported by scalable and powerful infrastructure, ensuring a secure and seamless employee and customer experience across stores, digital channels, and distribution centers.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
Building strategic relationships:
Acting as a role model to the team (and beyond):
Our Tech Stack:
NOTE: Direct experience with the above tech is preferred but not required. Similar tech in function can be a substitute (e.g. Ruby for Python, AWS for Azure, Puppet/Chef for Ansible, etc)
Minimum position requirements:
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at .
The annual salary range for this position is $117,000.00-$234,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America