- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and apply this to the development of action plans. Analyze business problems to design solutions and/or implements and test complex code changes for specific requirements or application. Deliver high quality technical designs and code for the product requirements in an agile scrum sprint.
- Design complex systems which are scalable and fault tolerant. You will reason about trade-offs (timeliness/accuracy/resource usage) of multiple algorithmic solutions and to highlight the difference in product outcomes.
- You will participate in the design, implementation, maintenance, and evolution of Walmart Observability's backend systems.
- You will deploy, operate, and scale Walmart Observability's backend services in production environments and help improve engineering quality and operation perfection for the whole team.
- With your domain expertise, you will make recommendations to influence the roadmap. This role is important to creating ideas and share what is possible with streaming algorithms.
- Implement unit test cases, perform code reviews, and write feature documentation. Perform build, deployment, and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments.
- Drive production deployments using platform's automated CI and deployment tools. Provide support as SME for the functional domain.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership.
- Golang, Java or Kotlin, REST APIs, GraphQL NodeJS, micro-services, express framework, OpenID Connect, SQL, NoSQL, Azure managed databases experience.
- API design, development, and management experience.
- Clear Communication, including the ability to create functional charts. Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
Hoboken, NJ - United States of America
Golang Job Details
What you'll do...
As part of Reliability Engineering & Operations, you'll help to define and execute a unified, reliable, operationally robust set of processes and tools for Walmart Technology & its customers across all channels and geographies.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with Engineering and Operations teams to lead technical discovery, design, and implementation of large-scale applications, products, and platforms. You'll have opportunity to manage the complex challenges of micro service and scale which are unique to Walmart's e-commerce, stores, and omni-channel platform, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complex triaging and analysis, and large-scale system design.
About the team
Walmart Global Tech's Site Reliability Engineering team is built with hybrid systems and software engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, scalability, automation, and mission-critical issues related to uptime, availability and fast rate of improvement of Walmart's e-commerce, stores, and omni-channel platform. Our goal is to build, scale and guard the systems that delights the customers with watchful eye on capacity and performance.
What you'll do
As a Staff Software Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with our Product Management and business teams to lead technical discovery, design, and implementation of large-scale applications, products, and platforms. You'll work to identify short-term and long-term solutions and timelines, review and approve proposed solutions, and provide pertinent documentation, direction and examples to your team. This position specifically will allow you to work on systems that support stores and clubs. It will give you a new understanding of what it truly means to develop at scale.
What you'll bring
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at .
The annual salary range for this position is $132,000.00-$264,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America