- You're an autodidact with a passion for learning
- You have a programmability-first mindset
- You excel at thoroughly documenting and communicating ideas to a broad audience
- Your attention to detail and code-craft is unparalleled
- You communicate and think in a structured manner
- You're comfortable engaging with clients, partners, peers, and anyone who has valuable input
- You have a heart of a teacher and a passion for enabling the success of others
- You have domain expertise across multiple areas such as software development, infrastructure, cloud, observability & data analytics, robotic process automation, etc.
- Lead client automation projects with a focus on strategy, enablement, and execution
- Provide technical leadership during client engagements
- Define automation architectures and designs that are simple and effective
- Mentor and collaborate with peers to raise the bar for everyone, including yourself
- Drive continuous improvement within the practice through development, collaboration, and mentorship
- Contribute to the practice as a "librarian" of automation intellectual property
- You have extensive experience in developing and implementing IT automation within an organization.
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or have equivalent experience.
- You have a proven track record of leading large and complex automation engagements.
- You have experience in developing standards and best practices for development projects.
- You are familiar with modern development tools and environments, such as Git, Visual Studio Code, Docker, and Linux/Unix.
- You have experience with data serialization formats such as YAML, JSON, XML, Protobuf, and CSV.
- You have proficiency in Python or other programming languages, and experience with Golang is a plus.
- You have a solid understanding of Model Driven Programmability (NETCONF/RESTCONF/YANG) and REST APIs.
- You have the foundational knowledge of public cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform and private cloud computing platforms such as VMware vSphere.
- You have working knowledge of one or more automation and orchestration tools and platforms, including Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, VMware VRA, ServiceNow, and Cisco NSO.
World Wide Technology
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 9,000 individuals and closed nearly $17 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the 12th consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today!
What is the Solutions Consulting & Engineering (SC&E) Team and why join?
Solutions Consulting & Engineering is an organization that is Customer Focused and Solutions Led. We deliver end-to-end and emerging solutions to drive customer satisfaction, increase profitability and growth. Our success is enabled by our world-class management consulting, delivery excellence and engineering brilliance. Our goal is to bring together business acumen with full-stack technical know-how to develop innovative solutions for our clients' most complex challenges.
WHY JOIN THE AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS PRACTICE?
Join a team of high-performers passionate about innovation, creative thinking, and continuous learning. As part of our team, you'll help our clients transform their organizations by creating a culture of innovation.
YOUR ROLE AS AN AUTOMATION CONSULTANT
As an Automation Consultant, you will be the driving force behind complex automation programs for our clients. You'll develop strategies, design automation architectures, and lead development efforts while utilizing your excellent communication skills to provide leadership and guidance to clients and engineers. Your consultative approach will help you evaluate client requirements, propose solutions, and achieve business objectives. You'll also mentor junior-level engineers and collaborate with sales account executives, technology partners, and client IT and business executives.
*Travel up to 25% required
YOUR TICKET TO SUCCESS
DRIVE TRANSFORMATION AND GROWTH
YOUR SKILLSET IS KEY
SHOWCASE YOUR WORK
Showcase your expertise and passion by sharing links to your public projects and contributions on platforms like GitHub and GitLab, blog articles, user groups, and conference presentations.
Even better, Impress us with your innovative thinking and contributions to the Open Source community!