- Lead a team of motivated Data Scientists, Data Analysts, and Software Engineers
- Build cohesive, high-functioning teams that thrive in a culture of trust and respect
- Build customer-centric Machine Learning solutions for video OTT service focusing on personalized user experience
- Balance autonomy with guidance by giving your teams the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently
- Ensure teams in different time zones maintain strong connections and collaboration
- Have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads to make design decisions
- Partner closely with the team's Product Manager to define the team's short-term and long-term goals
- Initiate collaboration across Engineering teams to identify dependencies and collaboration opportunities
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly
- Have a vision for scaling the structure of the team as ML expands across the organization
- Collaborating with data scientists and data engineers to make a big impact
- Staying in tune with the ML community and encouraging the organization to utilize cutting-edge technologies to innovate and invent solutions.
- Having an impact on 2.5 million customers with innovative data science products
- 5+ years of experience in Machine Learning and Microservice development and deployment using with Python/Java/Golang, statistical, and visualization packages
- 2+ years of experience managing and mentoring team members
- Experience and understanding of the entire machine learning pipeline from data ingestion to production
- Experience architecting, building & deploying Machine Learning platform that supports the productization of ML models and usage of MLOps systems
- Knowledge of core statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis
- Experience in building highly reliable, available & Scalable server-based services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the capability to drive cross-functional requirements with product and engineering teams
- Ready to work with geographically distributed teams
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science Engineering, Data Analytics, or a related technical stream
Englewood, CO - United States of America
Golang Job Details
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry.
Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including
reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch
of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the
process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with
the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV
norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the
entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're
looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to
achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are a mid-sized Data Science and Engineering team looking to expand as we make a bigger impact on our Sling TV application. DISH is looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to lead our Machine Learning Services team of Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to continue the growth of personalization within the Sling app.
If you have a sense of adventure, take pride in solving complex data problems, and strive to build the best products on the planet, we want you on our ML Services team at Sling TV!
We are seeking people who are passionate about:
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Skills and qualifications:
Work Attire: Business Casual
Compensation: $165,450.00/Year - $185,900.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits.
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.