- 85 colleagues (ex Google, Meta, Deliveroo, Feedzai etc)
- £1Bn+ of assets on our platform
- 15,000+ users across 70 countries, with a 10% market share already
- Global hubs (UK, Portugal, Hong Kong, Singapore)
- Work with GetGround leaders across the company to create and drive toward the vision of GetGround's mission
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for your team(s), and work with dependencies across the company
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of GetGround
- Recruit great engineers, partnering with our recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of GetGround's engineering management team
- You will have deep experience of organising engineering teams with a focus on both value delivery and long-term architecting for robustness, extensibility & agility
- You will also have experience building and scaling engineering teams, understanding that recruiting the best talent is critical. You will have invested significant time in this in the past and understand its value
- You trust and empower your teams to be accountable for their work and delivering excellence
- Servant leadership is core to who you are as an engineering leader
- You will have an engineering following that respects you as a caring and inspiring leader
- Your passion for technology is only eclipsed by your passion for enabling your teams.
- You are able to deep-dive technically when needed, asking great questions, challenging assumptions and ensuring the right choices are made
- You are able to assess tradeoffs when making technical decisions
- You are open to trying new technologies
- You see it as critical to stay close to your teams to deeply understand their roadblocks and are respected as a coach and mentor
- You have run both short and long development cycles, with customer impact as a critical priority
- You have an experimentation mindset, and use this approach to deeply understand what is optimal for your team, embracing new ideas and validating the right approach
- You proactively reduce admin burden on your teams
- You are respected for removing roadblocks (both engineering and broader) and creating a high morale in your organisations
- Customer centric - you will enjoy shipping frequently to gain vital feedback from our customers.
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Private health + dental benefits
- Flexible/hybrid working (check details with your recruiter)
- 12 mental health days off annually (1 per month) PLUS holidays and public days off
- Mental health support - 24/7 access to mental health support, counselling, therapy & coaching through Spectrum.Life for all employees and their immediate family
- Team and company-wide events
- 360° performance reviews to promote a culture of growth and development
- Support for conferences and professional learning & development
- 42% of our employees identify as female or non-specified, 58% as male
- 19 nationalities represented across offices in 5 countries
- Our work on Design Accessibility
- Inclusion is at the heart of our culture - we celebrate and reflect on key D&I and cultural events such as: Black History Month, International Women's Day and Pride
Porto - Portugal
Golang Job Details
We're a well-funded Tech scaleup in Europe and Asia with a mission to make the world fairer and more productive. We are doing this by making assets more transparent, trustworthy and accessible - starting with real estate. Incomes have stagnated, so more access to high value assets like real estate = less wealth inequality. We have first mover advantage!
Our CEO and co-founder Moubin had a successful career at McKinsey and private equity firm, APAX. Our CTO and co-founder Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist and scaled the data team at Gojek, a Tech unicorn in Asia.
Our values sit at the core of GetGround - no BS, pursuit of excellence, feedback obsession and healthy egos.
GetGround in numbers:
Engineering Manager | Porto or Lisbon - hybrid working is expected
The Engineering team is led by CTO and Co-Founder, Misrab, a Stanford Computer Scientist. You can read about his philosophy to product engineering here.
You will play a critical role in enabling our engineering squads (with 20+ engineers across frontend, backend, QA and SRE) to scale their impact. Our tech stack includes a handful of Golang microservices on the backend, and React.js on the frontend, all deployed over GCP.
The role comes with immense scope for growth and impact in a zero-BS environment.
What you will do
We are looking for someone who has line-managed teams of software engineers in a fast-paced product environment.
Who you are likely to be
A people leader
A technical leader
You leverage effective processes
[+ other localised benefits depending on your office location e.g. free breakfast daily and free gym ️ membership in London)
What we are building
The first end-to-end real estate investment offering - making the dream of owning real estate more accessible to everyone globally.
Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
We encourage applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law.