- Health insurance
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- MELBOURNE, VIC 3000: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Software development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Australia (Preferred)
Melbourne - Australia
Golang Job Details
Staff Software Engineer- Customer Record Group
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our Customer Activity and Events team to help us build beautifully simple, highly impactful user experiences that help Zendesk Clients be successful on our platform. Our team is focusing on building an event storage platform and overlaying User Experiences to paint a complete picture of the entire customer lifecycle from first seen to last seen.
We strive to challenge ourselves and others to think from a customer's point of view. We like working collaboratively. We believe that we all have something to learn from each other and that a diverse set of opinions help make us better and is something to strive for.
What you get to do every day:
● Work side-by-side on a close-knit, highly productive team.
● Participate in and/or lead all phases of the software lifecycle including discovery,
technical design, defining scope with Product Managers, prototyping,
implementing, testing, rollout, and maintaining the performance of critical
features of Zendesk.
● Deliver enterprise-grade software and experience some of the challenges
presented working at a global scale, working on both existing and new product
● Champion code ownership, standard methodologies, high-quality code with
corresponding test coverage, to ensure reliability and stability are kept front-of-
● Sharing your knowledge of engineering with the rest of the team, our peers in our
organisation, and the company.
What you bring to the role:
● Experience with server-side languages (Go/Ruby), Familiarity with AWS and
container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes, and experience with
GraphQL will be nice to have.
● Previous experience in distributed systems, dealing with scale, cost optimisation
and tuning performance.
HTML, DOM, CSS, CSS preprocessors / SASS, CDNs, browser cache
expiry/cookie domains, asset versioning.
● Problem solver with the ability to think on your feet
● A passion for software development and delivery
● A collaborative and can-do attitude
● Ability to work with uncertainty
What our tech stack looks like:
● Our code is written in Golang, Scala, Ruby on Rails and React.
● Our services communicate via GRPC, REST APIs, GraphQL
● Our product is one of the core features of Zendesk, namely the user activity
● Our servers live in AWS
● Our services are deployed to Kubernetes using Docker
● Our data is stored in DynamoDB, Kafka, Redis, Sharded MySQL and S3.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the UnitedStates, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk. CandidatePrivacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in MELBOURNE, VIC 3000
Application Deadline: 22/06/2023