- Hunger – Think big
- Agility – Start small
- Transparency – Transparency promotes trust, accountability, and responsibility.
- Continuous Improvement – Encourage continuous, incremental improvement of our product, process, and people
- Empathy – Approach every situation with kindness and respect
- Humility – Crave feedback. Be open-minded. Celebrate failure
- Collaboration – Work together as a team. Support each other
- Positivity – Create an environment that is positive and fun. Stop negative behaviour
- Equal Opportunity – All people are created equal in their potential to achieve greatness
- You are a true self-starter. You thrive on being productive with little external motivation and feel a sense of urgency to get things done.
- You take pride in your work and strive for quality in everything you do
- You enjoy being challenged and taking ownership of projects to see them through to delivery
- You love problem-solving and have an innate sense of curiosity
- You are always eager to learn and improve and have very little ego
- You enjoy collaborating closely with others
- You are comfortable and productive working remotely
- You have 5+ years of software development experience
- You are passionate about code quality and have a thorough understanding of software development concepts that promote readability, maintainability, and testability
- You are experienced in Golang and have a solid grasp of idiomatic Go programming
- You have experience with microservice architecture
- You have advanced knowledge of unit and integration testing
- You have exemplary written and verbal English skills
- Microservices - Golang, RabbitMQ, Redis, Ruby on Rails
- Frontend - Typescript, ReactJS, AWS S3 + CloudFront
- Monolith - CakePHP
- Infrastructure - Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS
- CI/CD - GitHub Actions, Codecov
- Remote-hybrid, results-first culture. Choose where you work and whether/when/how often you spend time in the office.
- Stunning office on the 32nd floor of the MNP Tower in downtown Vancouver
- Top-of-the-line Mac workstations with ergonomic, noise-cancelling headphones
- Convenient access by car, bike (with bike room), or SkyTrain
- Office features: a bar, fantastic coffee, snacks, food, and a world-class gym
- Herman Miller height-adjustable desks and ergonomic chairs
- Monthly public transportation subsidy
- Quarterly In-Person and Hybrid Events.
- Training and professional development to help advance your career
- Great benefits package including 100% extended health and dental
- After-hours gatherings!
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
Our cloud-based sales quoting platform allows IT companies to fire off beautiful, accurate quotes in seconds. Our disruptive pricing model and automated approval workflows empower IT companies to turn every customer touchpoint into a sales opportunity. Our customers report a significant improvement to their bottom line with more quotes being created with better margins in less time.
We’re looking for brilliant and highly motivated people to join our rapidly growing team. This is a ground-floor opportunity for the right individual to join our tightly-knit crew and directly impact the future of our partners and organization.
We understand that our success as an organization equals the sum of its parts – the people behind it. We are committed to providing an environment in which you will thrive. One that is challenging; one that is supportive toward your personal and professional goals; one that is transparent and collaborative; and one that recognizes and rewards hard work. Our core values are the cornerstone of who we are:
We’re well-funded and have an amazing team experienced in growing and scaling modern SaaS companies.
Beyond the obligatory perks you'd expect to find at any burgeoning tech startup (see below), the following is what you can expect life at Quoter will be like:
As a key member of our foundational engineering team, you will be architecting, estimating, developing, and testing new features and improvements using an agile development approach. You will be working directly with the founders of the company, who are experienced developers with a proven track record in SaaS.
You will be working on greenfield Go microservices that will build on and replace our monolithic CakePHP app over time. You’ll work with bleeding-edge technology, including Go, React, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Terraform, Github, and AWS.
Clean code, collaboration, iterative development, rapid releases, and continuous improvement form the culture of our engineering team. We prioritize team velocity over individual performance. We work closely together and love sharing knowledge to elevate the collective skill level of our team. We lead with trust, transparency, and autonomy and focus on results.
Our development process is built around Shape Up. You will work collaboratively with a small team to ship the most business value in each six-week cycle. You will have autonomy, ownership, opportunity and support as you work directly with Product to build POCs, overcome obstacles, find solutions and deliver amazing results that improve the everyday lives of our Partners (customers). Collaboration, pair-programming, and peer review allow us to ship faster while maintaining code quality and reliability. We're constantly optimizing how we work to be as efficient as possible, and have lots of fun while doing it!
Our Tech Stack
Compensation & Perks
Join The Team
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note that you must be eligible to work in the country to be considered for this role, and priority will be given to local applicants. We thank everyone for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.
No recruiters or phone calls, please.