- Deploying network widgets in the cloud. Things like VPCs, Transit Gateways, security groups, load balancers, ACLs and NAT Gateways
- Developing and maintaining Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts and templates to automate cloud network infrastructure deployment and configuration management.
- Implementing network security measures to protect our data, make sure we’re compliant and keep us running.
- Creating network designs that scale alongside our crazy, big goals
- Troubleshooting why those pesky packets are running late for work or just aren’t showing up at all
- Engaging in strategic team planning exercises or participating in developing our networking vision
- Good coding and OOP skills either with Python, Golang or Java
- Five or more (5+) years of technical experience designing, building and supporting networks, at least two of which should include large cloud footprints. We predominantly use AWS but experience with other major cloud providers definitely counts
- Two or more (2+) years of experience using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks and tools in a production environment. We use Terraform but we’re interested in your experience with other tools like Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, CDK or Pulumi
- Proficiency with networking protocols from OSI Layer 2 to Layer 7. Some of our favorite acronyms are TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP, TLS and DNS
- Familiarity with web application delivery and architecture
- Willingness to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation (typically no more than one week in four)
- The ability to work with a diverse range of individuals from different backgrounds, with different expertise, and with different professional and personal needs
- Experience working in high-performing and collaborative teams where everyone is able to share their best ideas and be their best selves
- Be capable of leading by example - promoting Canva’s values, no-blame mentality, and engineering values.
- Experience with Linux networking, particularly in a Kubernetes context
- Experience with VPNs and other network overlay protocols
- Experience with network security technologies such as Firewalls/Proxies, IDS/IPS and WAF/Bot Protection
- Experience monitoring cloud networks at scale using modern observability tools like ELK, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana or similar.
- Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
- Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Sydney - Australia
Golang Job Details
A typical week might include:
Some of the must have's:
Some of the nice to have's:
Senior Software Engineer (AWS Networking)