- Designing and building in-house software, architecture, and tooling for our realtime and big data platforms
- Creating prototypes and perform demos of emerging data technologies and popular Github projects
- Supporting and Helping build CI/CD, testing and operability patterns across our data systems
- Being hands-on engineering with high priority data, analytics, and ML projects in different areas of the business
- Working with seasoned developers, designers, and architects to build data transformation and ingestion pipelines with leading edge tools, technologies, and languages
- Building full-stack solutions for data processing in a multi cloud environment
- Interest in core database and/or distributed systems theory. Experience (or at least good understanding) is expected of Big Data
- Programming ability at least one general purpose programming language (e.g., Python, Golang, Java or Scala) and understanding of test-driven development and the value
- Understanding of the benefits of public cloud platforms and Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform
- Knowledge or interest in at least one of: (i) Machine Learning (ii) Analytics/BI platforms (iii) Metadata tooling such as classification and lineage (iv) Stream processing
- Experience with realtime and/or distributed platforms
- Interest in Datascience/ML
- Engineering and cloud certifications
- Github account with personal projects or open-source project contributions
Park - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
Posted 8 hours ago Permanent Competitive
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
Skills that will help you in the role:
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you'll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
Job ID 90364353