- Creation and management of AWS cloud infrastructure and configuration as well as ensuring systems and services are leveraging best practices, security, and standards.
- Experience with managing, securing, and scaling Kubernetes
- Provide strong partnership with development teams to develop internal platforms and services to enable expediency and self-service for development teams.
- Provide partnership with other teams such as financial, legal, and operations.
- Provide, maintain, and optimize the build process to support continuous integration.
- Investigates, debugs and drives improvements to the engineering and build automation process.
- Support and improve efficiency and effectiveness of tools (CI/CD, automated testing, automation and release).
- Conduct security risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions
- Work cross-functionally to assess risk and help deliver countermeasures that protect customers and company data
- Ensure that the SaaS services and associated infrastructure maintain required levels of security, availability, reliability, scalability, and performance to meet SLAs.
- Build incident management, operational monitoring, and alerting capabilities to proactively report, troubleshoot, and fix problems.
- With the team, own vendor management for existing and new vendors the team leverages.
- Regular on-call rotations for team owned services and infrastructure.
- 3+ years of industry experience enabling developers through DevOps
- Industry experience with security and vulnerability of cloud infrastructure (prevention, detection, and remediation).
- Strong experience building and maintaining AWS (Amazon Web Services) infrastructure (EC2, ELB, ALB, VPC, IAM, Route53, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudWatch, etc.).
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure with CloudFormation, CDK, and Terraform.
- Experience with various programming languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Golang, shell).
- Strong experience with pipeline tools such as GitHub and Artifactory.
- Diligent mentality, robust sense of responsibility/accountability and strong verbal/written communication, documentation, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a team to develop and enhance amazing platforms and services.
- Competitive Salary
- Remote Position
- Flexible PTO
- Hackfest! (Multiple times per year)
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
- A fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Buenos Aires - Argentina
Golang Job Details
Varsity Tutors is searching for a highly-skilled, action-oriented Sr DevOps Engineer (full-time contractor) based in Argentina. This role will work with the rest of the DevOps Team to ensure that Varsity Tutors delivers learning solutions that are highly scalable, flexible, and customer-focused. This person will also be proactive in driving the continuous improvement of our products and programs, helping to ensure better quality, security, and overall efficiency of our processes. This position is fully remote, with occasional travel for team or company get-togethers.
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles:
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don't meet all the requirements for the position. We'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate. Everyone can grow at Varsity Tutors. Apply now if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day!
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.