- Develop the core functionality of Plotly's enterprise products, with a particular focus on application management and scalability.
- Develop Kubernetes operators (Golang & Kubebuilder).
- Improve reliability, testing, automation, observability, and performance throughout our infrastructure and product stack.
- Scale Dash Enterprise to more demanding customer requirements in multi-cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) and on-premise environments.
- Identify and communicate product and documentation improvements.
- 5 years of experience writing code as part of your job (in any language).
- 5 years Linux systems administration and generalist networking experience.
- 2 years of working with Kubernetes in a product delivery setting.
- 1 year or more of experience with Golang.
- 1 year or more of experience with backend web application development.
- Strong knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based networking, and associated security and privacy concerns.
- Strong knowledge of a DevOps maturity model, and its application to development activities such as version control, build management, configuration management, continuous integration/delivery, and test automation.
- Significant experience with one or more cloud providers.
- Demonstrable track record of success in a technical engineering role, including clear demonstration of contribution and delivery in a product-centric environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a Remote-first environment.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment, learn new technologies and platforms, and be comfortable with troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with one or more CNCF technologies.
- Past experience with one or more of reliability, testing, automation, observability, CI and performance work.
- Prior experience with Plotly graphing libraries, or Dash.
- Interest in data visualization or data science generally.
- Prior technical leadership experience.
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible schedule and generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision, and more benefits
- Company stock options
- Remote work policy
- Parental leave policy
- Learning and development program
- Community involvement
- Home office set up fund
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
Plotly is a leader in providing tools to help data scientists and data analysts maximize their productivity and share their amazing insights. We are growing, and are looking to you to be part of our world class team of engineers, product managers, and designers. We are a tight knit team where you will have immediate, meaningful, impact.In this DevOps engineering role, you'll work with an experienced team of engineers to build our core products, and improve their robustness, performance and scalability.
Technologies you will work with:
Duties & Responsibilities:
What We Can Offer You:
As a company with roots in the open-source community, Plotly introduced web-based data visualization to Python. Today, the company offers Dash Enterprise, which provides the best software tools and platform to enable every enterprise in the world to build and scale data applications quickly and easily.
At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of first-class scientists, engineers, developers and builders that challenge the status quo and set the bar high. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets on a continuous basis, to approach every problem with curiosity and an open-mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data, facts and information.
Plotly is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance.
So yeah, we work hard. We have many puzzles to solve and we are having fun doing it.
We also have incredible customers and a strong, supportive community that we want to stay connected to.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!