- Participate in the development of some of the most critical and challenging services in our ecosystem, seeking to build long-term and sustainable solutions.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and resilience;
- Build Integration with 3rd party API and tools;
- Support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our product demands;
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that prioritizes people over process and is laser-focused on productivity;
- Maintain the project technical vision up to date and complete for everyone;
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and edge cases on a global scale.
- An engineer with a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Experienced in managing and mentoring multiple multidisciplinary teams of software engineers;
- Experienced in architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications;
- Experienced in designing and developing complex modern web applications;
- Experienced in Cloud-based architectures (AWS / GCP);
- Experienced in developing RESTful web services collaborating with front-end teams to create mocks, define payloads and follow the HTTP best practices;
- Experienced in applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis;
- Experienced in working with SQL/NoSQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls
- You're expected to perform management tasks such as mentoring, facilitating and conducting regular one-on-ones with the members of your team, making sure that they are constantly challenged, engaged, and improving their skills;
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Java/Ruby/Go/C++/etc.). Golang will be considered a plus;
- Communication skills to work with multidisciplinary teams located in several countries with different cultures;
- You need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English.
Lisbon - Portugal
Golang Job Details
Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Lead Software Engineer (Tech Lead) to join our BASE Focus Area (Tagus team) in Portugal!
At the Tagus team, we build the heart of the Gympass business model. Our mission is to help Gympass build a truly scalable platform to support dozens of millions of active users, clients, and partners around the world with high availability while being flexible and extensible to incorporate new business models.
We have many important challenges such as building a system that gives us the flexibility to have different commercial conditions for different users in different contexts. Also, we are responsible for some critical and important flows within our business model, such as clients' and users' subscriptions as well as providing data to the ecosystem as the source of truth of these entities.
When it comes to technical challenges, our team works to provide highly scalable solutions, handling large volumes of data and focusing on high availability. Considering our services central role, you're going to have the opportunity to help drive architecture decisions that impact our whole microservices ecosystem and you will have opportunities to develop both leadership and technical skills, depending on your career aspiration and abilities.
WHO YOU ARE
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access digital fitness programs and online wellness resources, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
FITNESS: Additional fitness subsidy to access onsite gyms and fitness studios.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
PARENTAL LEAVE: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive environment filled with passionate individuals from all over the world! You'll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass… Follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers and LinkedIn!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.