- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Performance bonus
- Ballybrit, Galway, CO. Galway: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Galway - Ireland
Golang Job Details
Senior Software Engineering Manager
Join a team that is building a large scale, enterprise ready platform, powering a hybrid edge-to-cloud world. The platform allows some of the largest most diverse enterprises in the world to deliver with speed, agility, and scale – while keeping their data where it needs to be, and ensuring their sustainability and green goals are met and exceeded.
Embracing the opportunities to accelerate transformation across data, connectivity, cloud and security. From vital solutions for small businesses with a single storefront to essential applications for large retail chains with thousands of locations.
What you'll do:
The Cloud Platform is an internally developed innovative cloud-stack that powers the organisation Cloud Solutions. It is a unified operational experience that provides a simplified view and access to all cloud services, spanning the entire portfolio, with single sign-on access, security, compliance, elasticity, and data protection. The Cloud Platform is the foundation to a rich set of cloud services in networking, data services, high performance computing and compute operations management.
Your role will be to set up and manager a new team who will be responsible for implementing the data layer which maps services (objects) to users and entitlements. This is a complex area which manages each entity and their relationships through their lifecycle.
You will be given a specific area of the 'organizations' system to implement and build, own and cultivate a new software engineering team from the ground up. They will integrate into a multisite organization, delivering a large solution, using a scalable agile framework, continuous integration, continuous delivery and ground up test automation.
You will work with Product Management to help groom requirements and refine them in size to meet your capacity. You will be responsible for translation of those requirements into technical work packages for implementation by your team. Quality is critically important in the organization. Your default will be that all features you create are auto tested allowing for continuous feature delivery through the organizations pipelines.
The Cloud Platform development use a suite of contemporary technologies typically of any large native cloud development. We will invest in you but we are looking for any mix of the following.
· AWS, Azure, GCP integrating technologies and tools
· Golang, Python, Linux scripting
· Docker Swarm
· Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
· Analytics tools
· AI/ML suites
What you’ll need:
· B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Working knowledge of cloud native development.
· 4 years + experience as a manager in a large scale agile development environment.
· 4 years + experience as a Software Developer.
· System thinking skills.
· Working experience with CI/CD, open source cloud development tools.
· Strong communication skills (written and oral)
· Willingness to work with teams across time zones.
· An ability to consistently harness targeted value from your team.
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
· Experience in AI/ML development.
· Ability to succeed/fail fast on some high risk concepts.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €100,000.00-€120,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ballybrit, Galway, CO. Galway