- Developing, managing and retaining a team of highly-inquisitive technologists, offering them both mentoring and coaching.
- Collaborating with architects, product managers and other technical or non-technical stakeholders to define design approaches that are aligned with the customer-centric product vision.
- Ensuring the best engineering and documentation practices are understood and followed.
- Coordinating with peers within the organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows.
- Ensuring successful incremental product releases while driving to deadlines and optimizing investments. Assuring quality through efficient management of team and resources.
- Evaluating and limiting risk and vulnerabilities during the software development process by consistently employing industry best-practices.
- Ensuring operational excellence of Business As Usual procedures to maintain highly available, resilient, and fit for purpose systems.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience with a proven record of successfully developing consumer-facing, reliable and scalable products
- 7+ years of relevant managerial experience, managing teams of technologists and engineers
- Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile, waterfall, SCRUM and life-cycle), configuration management, release management and systems verification and test
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- SaaS and COTs solution management experience and working with vendor Professional Services
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for consumer banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking system and custodial and consumer banking operations
- Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Experience with and knowledge of key applications including AFS and LoanIQ
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
- Preferred: Master's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
Providence, RI - United States of America
Golang Job Details
As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will serve as a key contributor and leader in the space of technological innovation, solution delivery, and application ecosystem health. As Manager, you will combine your technical expertise and strong leadership skills to spearhead a results-driven operation. The dynamic workload will encompass both attribute enhancements, cutting-edge innovations, “Keep The Lights” on maintenance, vendor coordination and negotiation, and integration activities within a matrixed technology organization of product delivery and technology enabling teams..
The Manager of Software Engineering will be responsible for:
Education and Certifications
The salary range for this position is $ 151,040- $ 226,560, plus benefits and an opportunity to earn an annual discretionary bonus. For an overview of our benefits, visit https://jobs.citizensbank.com/benefits. Actual pay is based on various factors including but not limited to the work location, and relevant skills and experience.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.Why Work for Us At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth