- Centre for Smart Analytics –Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 12 months
- Academic Level A6 – $89,651 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
- conduct research and produce relevant reports and research outputs in the area of cybersecurity;
- develop featured cybersecurity research proposals in collaboration with industry and academic partners and external funding bodies;
- perform cybersecurity research demonstration in a variety of forums and support research publication of peer-reviewed journal papers;
- perform administrative functions primarily connected with their area of research.
- Number one in Victoria for Social Equity
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Student Support (undergraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills Development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full Time Employment (undergraduate)
- evidence of research expertise in a relevant area of information security such as cyber threat intelligence, applied blockchain, critical infrastructure security, offensive & defensive cybersecurity, etc.;
- academic research experience as evidenced by publications in high quality research journals and/or conferences;
- ability to develop partnerships and work collegially with a range of collaborators on research projects including developing grant application proposals; and
- interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills.
Ballarat - Australia
Golang Job Details
Job no: 851796
Campus: Mt Helen Campus
School/Area: Research Centres
About the role
You will support the research, collaboration, and training of the ongoing and future research projects in Cybersecurity (CS), developing and commercialising software modules to ensure stronger security for individuals and businesses and to influence national policy around cybersecurity.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student, and to the communities we serve.
Across our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland, and the Wimmera, we deliver world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education.
Federation University’s Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our University and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills, and impactful research enabling people and communities to prosper locally, regionally, and globally.
We are the number one ranked university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrolments (Good Universities Guide 2022). Along with top rankings in Victoria around student support, social equity, skills and employment. (Include only for Academic or Research positions) This includes:
You will have a doctorate in cybersecurity or related subjects, with R&D experience in software engineering, cloud computing, distributed database, and cyber security combined with a sound knowledge in computer programming and professional technical writing.
You will possess demonstrated:
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 26 March 2023
Applicants are required to submit a resume and address the key selection criteria.
To view the position description, please click here: 851796.pdf
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Organisational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration as outlined in Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, annualised hours, flexible work options, salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our LinkedIn Life page or our leave and work-life balance webpage.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more.
Advertised: 09 Mar 2023 4:30 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Mar 2023 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time