- Decompose capabilities from products that can be shared
- Build modern capabilities and delivery systems (e.g. replacing file-based solutions with streaming ones)
- Drive adoption of shared capabilities across WEX (including the enabling of customer migrations)
- Enable faster time to market for solutions by providing highly available rails and capabilities
- Delight our adopters & stakeholders with services that are fast, reliable, and easy to use
- Continuously improve the platform through dedicated Site Reliability Engineering
A highly motivated engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams.
- Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with your team and stakeholders.
- Someone who cares deeply for team results, checks your ego at the door and takes pride in owning results.
- A professional who can advocate strongly for positions and still be 100% behind team decisions even if they don’t go your way
- Are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments
- are a top-notch coder
- pick up new technology and switch between tech stacks with a minimum of fuss
- are comfortable working on front-end web code, back end services, data stores, and infrastructure systems
- are a solid architect/designer
- have experience writing modern software deployed in the cloud
- are comfortable with encryption schemes, modern APIs, and front-end frameworks
- have worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively
- Have a BS in an engineering field OR can make us feel intensely confident that you don’t need one
- Have knowledge with development experience.
- Have knowledge with developing internal/external web services.
- Have experience developing internal/external web services
- A demonstrable working understanding with .Net
- A demonstrable working understanding of NoSQL or Relational datastores
- Can show us one or more passion projects or open-source work you have contributed to in your own time
- Have experience with AWS, C#, .NET Core, & Golang
- Have demonstrable experience with systems engineering and automation
- Have experience with DevOps practices and procedures
- Enjoy hanging out with your team
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
WEX is a global leader in financial technology solutions, based in Portland, Maine, United States, with
over 6,000 WEXers distributed in over 40 countries. We simplify the complexities of payment systems
across continents and industries like Fleet, Corporate Payments, and Benefits. We look to manage
employee benefits, streamline how companies pay and get paid by suppliers, save on fuel costs, or
modernize how companies manage their fleet, WEX solutions reduce the administrative burdens.
About the opportunity
We are a group dedicated to help reduce redundant capabilities, break down monoliths, and power the One WEX future through scalable, resilient platform solutions. We care specifically about capabilities that could, should, or are shared between multiple products. So what do we actually do? We
Our team is comprised of small, agile development teams focused on building state of the art solutions from the ground up using the best technology available. We focus on cloud-based microservice solutions to help achieve fast, scalable results that allow our business partners the flexibility they need to compete in our competitive market.
Our team of professionals works hard, covers for one another, and maintains a work-life balance. We own our results and we take pride in ownership in everything we do.
Changing the world isn’t easy, and we have a lot of work ahead of us. From new product features to automation, to supporting microservices, we’ve got more work than we can handle and we’re looking for great people to come along for the ride.
You will be expected to
It would be great, if you had already had the opportunity to work with