- Participate in the development of some of the most critical and challenging services in our ecosystem, seeking to build long-term and sustainable solutions;
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability, and resilience;
- Build Integration with 3rd party API and tools;
- Work in a collaborative and agile environment that prioritizes people over process;
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and edge cases on a global scale.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience;
- Strong experience in designing and developing complex modern web applications;
- Solid experience with RESTful APIs written in Java/ Kotlin + Spring;
- Experience with Golang is a plus;
- Experience with asynchronous processing and data pipelines;
- Strong software architecture knowledge (event-driven, serverless);
- Experience with SQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server or any other relational database;
- Experience with microservices and high volume distributed systems;
- Experienced in Cloud-based architectures (AWS / GCP);
- Proficient in automated testing;
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders.
Lisbon - Portugal
Golang Job Details
Apply now for a career that puts wellbeing first!
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Senior Backend Software Engineer to our Revenue Assurance team (GPS Focus Area) in Portugal!
At the Revenue Assurance team, our mission is to assure that every sale at Gympass has the corresponding monetary amount being invoiced, charged, provisioned and received, thus not losing money at any stage of the process.
We are creating a new architecture and set of systems that will guarantee consistency across multiple areas and services.
WHO YOU ARE
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access digital fitness programs and online wellness resources, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
FITNESS: Additional fitness subsidy to access onsite gyms and fitness studios.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure, but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to cover the costs of working from home.
+ Our offices are in Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Romania, Spain, and the UK. You can work from any office or remotely based in any of these countries.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is to take time away from work to recharge. Employees receive a minimum of 25 days paid holiday per year with an additional day for each year of tenure (up to 5) in addition to annual holidays (including an extra holiday on your birthday!).
PARENTAL LEAVE: 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents (of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent) + 100% paid birth leave of 14 weeks.
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive environment filled with passionate individuals from all over the world! You'll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass… Follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers and LinkedIn!
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.