- Looking to take your career to the next level by directly impacting the products & services we deliver.
- Excited by the opportunity to join a growing & scaling company and the unique challenges that it poses.
- A passion for continuous learning.
- A willingness to try new things and believes that failure leads to inquiry to improve your technical abilities and processes.
- Architecting scalable systems through Microservices built with Golang to solve concurrency challenges.
- Architecting projects from the ground up while also improving existing systems through ongoing PHP maintenance and optimizations.
- Building systems through Event Driven Architecture with Apache Kafka.
- Recruiting and hiring talent to the organization.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with cross functional teams (Product/DevOps/Stakeholders/Design)
- Building Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines through Gitlab to increase automation.
- Easily discover new insights through our BigQuery Data Warehouse
- 1-2 years of professional software development experience
- Education might include a Bachelor's, technical degree , bootcamp or other certifications in computer programming, computer science or object-oriented software development, or equivalent.
- Proficient in at least one programming language.
- Experience with MySQL or other SQL database systems.
- Experience with Docker.
Calgary - Canada
Golang Job Details
Helcim is searching for a Junior Full Stack Developer to be responsible for helping develop the next generation of payments technology. We're looking for a talented individual with a passion for coding, enjoys learning about the latest technologies, strong problem-solving skills, and a user-focused approach.
As a Junior Full Stack Developer entering the organization you will be continuously learning and building your skillset. We put an emphasis on developing our team members to build them into well rounded professionals.
As a member of our team, you will be working on numerous ongoing and new projects. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will embody our values and culture, and be a steward of The Way of the Helcim (see link below to our culture book).
Who you are:
Helcim is a payments company that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We won the Canada’s Most Admired Award for Corporate Culture in 2021, ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech. Learn more about working at Helcim in our culture book The Way of the Helcim.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter through the "Apply for this Job" button at the link below.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and be located in Calgary for this position. Helcim uses a hybrid work structure where team members can work 3 days in the Calgary office (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) and 2 days (Tuesday/Thursday) at home.