- Collaborate with Product and Design by listening, understanding, and providing meaningful input to make good product decisions to delight our customers.
- Deliver delighting products by delivering just enough complex technical solutions.
- Make the right trade-offs to deliver value to our customers sooner, faster.
- Align with Engineering Leadership and propose technical solutions to full-fill the business needs in the long term.
- Improve our Engineering capabilities to make our solutions more resilient and performing over time.
- Make sure our production environment works smoothly by good test suites, good monitoring and observability, resilient and high-available solutions..
- Communicate effectively with your remote colleagues.
- Continuing learning new skills, technologies, ways of working, and sharing them with your teammates.
- Improve our business analytics by making sure we store and be able to query our event log effectively.
- Java is a must
- Major experience with Cloud providers at "integration with" level.
- Golang is a significant plus.
- Cloud Capacity planning experience is a plus.
- Monitoring and observability.
- Develop the data-plane application E2E.
- Make high-available and reliable solutions that support big traffic volumes.
- Collaborate with the control-plane team.
- Collaborate with the analytics team to support our data needs.
- Communicate and collaborate with the executive leadership team.
- Leading and executing business initiatives across teams.
- Leading the continuous improvement of our product, team, and engineering culture.
- Professional experience with Java Spring Boot.
- Professional experience with Kubernetes.
- Professional experience with either AWS or GCP.
- Professional experience with the internals of docker.
- Experience with Extreme Programming Methodology.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative, software development process.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup.
- Globally distributed remote first company. Collaborate with talented people from all around the world.
- Attention to work/life balance. We help you ensure that your personal and professional life exist in harmony through flexible work hours. We make time for deep work and allow for both sync and async collaboration with colleagues.
- Home office stipend so that you can do your best work in your space.
- Wellness initiatives that include physical and mental well being through fitness and mindfulness challenges, book clubs, social hours, games, offsites, and virtual on-sites.
- Time off, we have a minimum time off policy of 25 days (5 weeks) because we know that there is more to life than work.
- Health benefits are country specific, but we believe that our employees should have access to top quality health insurance.
New York, NY - United States of America
Golang Job Details
AtomicJar just announced a $25M Series A round of funding and is poised for fast growth. The company is on a mission to make developers more productive, the software they write more resilient and the organizations they work for more agile. We empower developers to create effective, automated and incredibly fast integration tests that shift testing into the flow of the development cycle which allows issues to be discovered, fixed and released much more rapidly.
AtomicJar is a well-funded, remote-first, early stage startup with an inclusive and rapidly growing global team. The explosive growth of the Testcontainers, which has surpassed 100M downloads and our recently closed funding round, will accelerate development and adoption of Testcontainers Cloud. Testcontainers has transformed test-enabled development at leading engineering organizations like DoorDash, Spotify, Uber, Google, Zalando, RedHat, CapitalOne, many more, becoming the de facto standard for dev-first testing with our Cloud product set to supercharge testing pipelines. Business Insider recently named us as one of the 43 Enterprise-Tech Startups to Bet Your Career on in 2022.
About the role
We are looking for a Java Engineer to join our Product Engineering team. Our Engineering team works across our data-plane application, different cloud infrastructures, and kubernetes. This includes both the open-source version of AtomicJar, Testcontainers, and Testcontainer Cloud. They work with peers on teams dedicated to areas of the product.
The most important tasks you will take on are:
We are looking for an engineer that thrive in a highly collaborative environment creating next generation testing tools While we work in specific technologies we are looking for someone that has a generalist approach within a polyglot environment.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $70,000-$160,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation and benefits. At AtomicJar, compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Often times we consider candidates in various skill ranges to allow for a variety of individuals to be considered for a role.
Benefits of working at AtomicJar:
Research shows that candidates from underserved communities and backgrounds have a significantly lower application rate if they do not meet all the listed criteria. If you believe that you would excel at the Senior Fullstack Engineer role, but do not meet all of our listed requirements, we want to hear from you! Please apply and show us how you can strengthen our team.