- Collaborate with your team to design and implement new features
- Brainstorm and propose improvements and solutions to the software
- Guide and mentor your teammates to use best practices of software engineering
- Contribute to the architectural design of the code in order to scale our platform to 10x our number of users
- Contribute to improving our code quality standard in order to grow our team by 3x in the next year
- Deploy new features weekly using our continuous deployment environment
- Automate tests and verify the quality of the software on a staging environment
- Investigate and fix bugs as our monitoring system catches them
- Work in an Agile environment and provide daily feedback on your work
- More than 5 years of experience working in a software developer position
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong Experience in developing web applications or SaaS using an object-oriented language (Go, Ruby, PHP, Python, Java, etc.)
- Strong Experience in Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Strong Experience in NoSQL Databases similar to Elasticsearch, Google Datastore, Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Strong Experience in Front-end technologies and frameworks (React, Redux, Angular, etc...)
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and experience implementing them
- Ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies like Golang, React, TypeScript, Redux, Google Cloud Datastore, Elasticsearch
- Speak french and english
- (A plus) Experience with scaling events-based applications (Pub/sub principle)
- (A plus) Good sense of UX for SaaS product
- (A plus) Experience in Kubernetes, Docker and Google Cloud Run
- Fast-track your career as an early employee of a successful software startup
- Hybrid office/remote (min. 1 day a week at the office)
- Competitive salary
- Stock option plan
- Excellent health and dental insurance, with copay covered by the employer
- Public transit + bike sharing passes
- Commuter benefits
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Language training provided
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Montreal - Canada
Golang Job Details
Do you want to work with state-of-the-art cloud technology? Are you ready to help hundreds of independent retailers offer a unique online selling experience? Do you want to be part of a young Montreal software startup and contribute to its success?
If you are ready for a unique experience where you can be a key contributor to a fast-growing Montreal startup, then read further and learn how QuoteMachine is the best move for your career.
Created by a team of successful startup leaders, QuoteMachine empowers retailers to handle complex retail sales at scale while providing an outstanding buyer experience.
QuoteMachine offers a new way of selling powered by interactive and transactional microsites all along the selling process to never lose touch with the customer from the first interaction to the last payment instalment.
We support hundreds of Retail stores around the world. They are usually high-end retailers providing unique products and services (Furniture stores, Specialized hardware stores, Swimming-Pool and Spa stores, Bike shops, etc.).
We’re growing quickly in a fast-changing environment: We partner with the biggest companies in the Retail Software industry and are supported by investors from Canada, Europe, and the USA.
Our mission is to bring humanity back to digital commerce.
About the job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute to a diverse team to design, build and deploy new features on QuoteMachine. As a senior member of the team, you will also be responsible to mentor team members and participating actively to design decisions.
At QuoteMachine, every software engineer is full-stack. You can definitely be more specialized in one area but you'll be coding both the front and back ends.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montréal, QC