- Write automated tests based on customer use cases for Gloo platform
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the engineering, product and customer success teams to understand new/changing requirements and define test cases
- Deploy Solo products to verify functionality and validate end-user scenarios
- Integrate tests into CI pipelines
- Continuously improve testing processes, exploring new tools, libraries and frameworks to grow your skill set and share knowledge widely across the engineering team
- Promote continuous code testing and validation to ensure high quality clean code
- Build the quality team and processes for Solo from the ground up with view to grow and lead your own team in the future
- 5+ years' experience writing test automation code (Golang preferred)
- Experience conducting API, Functional, Integration, Stress/Load, User Simulation
- Experience testing software being deployed in Kubernetes environments and configured via Customer Resource Definitions (CRDs) in a declarative manner
- Experience testing distributed applications at scale
- Must be passionate about clean code and test automation for successful releases
- Experience implementing test automation in continuous integration pipelines
- Ability to grasp new software architectures and technology quickly
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of API technology such as REST and GraphQL
- Prior exposure to Istio/Envoy/Cilium/API Gateway
- Prior experience testing Kubernetes controllers or operators at scale
- Experience with major cloud providers and different Kubernetes distributions like AKS/EKS/GKE/OpensShift
Toronto - Canada
Golang Job Details
Hi, I'm Neeraj Poddar, Head of Engineering at Solo,
I'm looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our growing engineering team and help us deliver market-leading application networking products. As our first SDET hire, you will drive product quality and stability by designing, building, and supporting scalable automated test frameworks, tools, and test suites to ensure quality throughout the development cycle. Drawing from your expertise in backend software testing, you will have the autonomy to select and implement the best tools and frameworks.
How you will make an impact:
What you bring to the table:
Who we are:
Solo enables companies to Connect, Secure and Observe modern applications – APIs, Microservices and Data – with the industry's leading API and Service Mesh Management Platform ("Gloo"). Solo innovations allow companies to stay on the leading edge of both technology and business possibilities.
Solo is a VC-backed company, founded in 2017 by Idit Levine. In 2021, Solo was valued at $1B. Solo's customers are some of the largest in the world, spanning all geographies and industries. Solo's team has deep expertise in Cloud Computing, Linux, Containers, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, APIs, Security, Microservice Applications, Application Modernization, GraphQL, and eBPF.
Solo works collaboratively with our customers, partners and open source communities to deliver technology innovation, technology solutions, architectural best-practices, and hands-on education. Solo uses a unique engagement model with our customers that allows us to quickly make them successful, and continue to work closely with them as their production environments grow.
What you'll love about Solo.
At Solo, our culture is all about hiring great people, creating a fun and fast-paced work culture, and letting our teams work with our customers to successfully solve their challenges.
As a SDET, you'll be right at the intersection of cloud computing, open source software, and cloud-native applications. You'll work with the people that are shaping the future of technology standards, and your work will be used by millions of people on a daily basis. You'll have the ability to work with great engineers, and be challenged to think about problems in new ways.