- How can we expand and improve our self-serve subscription process?
- How can we build a robust billing backend that will enhance the payment process?
- How can we enhance and streamline the ability to report on revenue and key results?
- What can we do to streamline operations and support internal business operations?
- Lead and contribute to new features that enhance our users’ billing and payments experience in Docker Hub
- Mentor, coach, and pair with team members on frontend and fullstack development
- Work within a cross-functional delivery team of 5+ software engineers, with an embedded product manager, technical project manager, and designer
- Deploy code to production, and own the product throughout the lifecycle
- Demonstrate cross-team collaboration and own the team’s engineering needs
- Respond to internal billing support requests from throughout the company
- Participate in paid 12-hour daytime on-call shifts for one week every 2-6 months
- Experience and interest in user checkout experiences, payment processing, invoicing, recurring subscriptions, and/or business operations (Salesforce and Salesforce API experience a plus)
- Experience with payment and billing platforms (Stripe preferred)
- Willingness and ability to work with a dedicated UX designer and product manager
- 3+ years experience building SaaS applications
- Frontend web development (React)
- C-based backend language (Golang preferred)
- SQL (Postgres preferred)
- Cloud platforms (AWS preferred, or GCP, Azure)
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- CI/CD systems (Jenkins, GitHub Actions)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Desire to work on autonomous teams
- Ability and interest in working at a fully remote company crossing international time zones
- Past demonstrations of proactively working outside of this job description
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Variety of virtual and in-person social events to build connections and have fun
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- Generous maternity and parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Medical benefits, retirement, and holidays vary by country
- Docker Swag
- “Whaleness” Days: company-wide day off each month
- Training stipend for conferences, courses, and classes
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Stock Options; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Salary range can change depending on level.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
The Billing team ensures painless purchasing, reliable billing, proper user entitling, and robust payment reporting within Docker's products.
As a Fullstack Engineer, you will propose, prototype, and eventually publish tools and features to solve problems, such as:
Being a fully remote workplace, Docker has a focus on keeping teams connected. To that end, your first two weeks will include a calendar with many 1:1 sessions intended to introduce you to your team and others with whom you will interact frequently.
Expect to spend time on other onboarding activities like IT setup, navigating productivity tools, and getting familiar with your regular calendar cadence.
By the end of the month you should be familiar with Docker’s values and goals, our leadership, your team, your tools, and where to go for information - everything you need to build an understanding of Docker Hub and Billing systems and infrastructure.
Your first 90 days:
In your first three months you’ll have developed a good relationship with your team, have become familiar with its routines, and will be comfortable sharing ideas and opinions formed from your depth of experience.
You’ll have become familiar with Docker Hub systems and infrastructure with a focus on backend services, frontend components, and external integrations owned by the Billing team.
You will be gaining comfort completing Jira tickets and pull requests (as both committer and reviewer) on Github and deploying to production using Jenkins as our CI/CD system.
Your first year:
Within your first year you’ll have made significant contributions to team velocity through your work as an individual contributor, but also by creating impact through the skill and wisdom you impart on the team through mentorship, insight, and off-the-Jira-board contributions (architecture & design, process improvements, etc.)
You’ll have established strong relationships with our stakeholders in Business Operations, Accounting, Finance, and Support, comfortable handling ad-hoc requests and discussing your team’s involvement.
In collaboration with your manager, you will have a Career Development Plan that will outline your trajectory beyond your first year.