- Collaborate with product management, design, and marketing teams to research, design, and code major new features and enhancements that will best engage, educate, and delight educators.
- Develop and lead new features spanning fast and intuitive UIs, Go Microservices, and rest APIs to give districts control over data shared with learning applications.
- Be an important part of Clever's ecosystem of engineering excellence as we strive to create both the best possible customer experiences and top quality internal architecture across all of our products and initiatives.
- Understand and prioritize the Clever engineering culture - see our blog post on Defining Clever's Engineering Culture.
- Work across the stack - Clever has a microservice container-based architecture and is hosted entirely at AWS. We use Go for backend services, with Node, TypeScript, and React for frontend services and DynamoDB, Mongo, and S3 for databases and storage.
- 2+ years of experience as a full-stack Software Engineer
- Experience with a major frontend framework like React is useful, but not required
- Experience with Golang and REST APIs is useful but not required
- Experience with data processing and analysis tools like Spark or SQL is useful but not required
- Led small to large projects and collaborated with a team to create meaningful impact
- Architected systems to solve a variety of product and data needs
- Strong fundamentals in computer science and software engineering
- The drive to learn and teach through collaboration and code reviews
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Commitment to equity and belonging. At Clever, we believe the classrooms we serve and our company's halls should be spaces that are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. That is why we are committed to building diverse teams, inviting every voice, and creating a safe space for everyone to be their authentic self. By fostering equity and belonging within our circles of influence, we unlock learning for ALL students.
- A competitive salary and equity package in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Parental Leave
- Top-notch healthcare, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Best-in-class mental healthcare service that supports employees' mental and emotional wellness
- A generous personal development yearly budget which can be used for courses, conferences, trainings, books, and more
- LinkedIn Learning subscription with unlimited access to thousands of expert-led online courses
- Annual company retreats and quarterly team events to connect with fun, bright coworkers
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085
San Francisco, CA - United States of America
Golang Job Details
Founded by educators and technologists passionate about improving education, Clever is on a mission to unlock new ways to learn for all students. Already used by more than 65% of U.S. K-12 schools, Clever brings all applications into one secure portal and provides single sign-on for everyone. With the leading network of digital learning providers, Clever makes school more engaging, personalized, and fun.
The Sharing & APIs team builds the absolute core of how the Clever product functions. We work with large volumes of data that is integral to the success of Clever and education of students. The Sharing & APIs team build tools, products, and features which allow schools districts everywhere to have control over exactly what data learning applications have access to, in addition to the developer APIs and schemas our applications depend on to grant students access.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
As a full stack engineer on the Sharing & APIs team, you will:
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
For Colorado* based candidates, the range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates is between $111,000- $150,000, final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise.
For NYC* based candidates, the range of our base salary cash compensation for this role is between $123,000- $167,000, final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise.
Clever does not conduct interviews via text or Telegram. We will never ask for your financial information or reimbursement of equipment of any kind.
If you receive any communications regarding employment with Clever that you think might be a scam, please email [email protected]