- Rapidly developing next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance self-service marketing platform with a focus on building, maintaining and monitoring greenfield services in the private cloud, public cloud and on-premise
- Ensuring reliability and increasing the maturity of all systems via the use of system health monitoring tools and building new health indicators as needed
- Working independently, taking ownership, acting as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solving issues with the existing systems, prioritizing based on business and technical needs and communicating impact to the team and users
- Collaborating with adjacent teams and other stakeholders to deliver on business objectives
- Contributing to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in software development with any of the following server-side programming languages (Java, Perl, C++, Python, Golang or similar).
- Prior experience with distributed systems which are highly scalable and available
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices
- Demonstrable experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
- Solid understanding of GraphQL and Restful APIs is a must,
- Experience with Test automation techniques (TDD, BDD),
- Excellent communication; written and spoken and experience working with non-technical stakeholders
- High level of ownership - own your systems end-to-end and are comfortable performing incident management.
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work.
- Working in a fast-paced and performance-driven culture, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Training, hackathons and opportunities to travel and attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits.
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: Booking
Booking.com is the largest online travel agency in the world! We serve hundreds of millions of users through our platform in 43 languages and offer more than 28 million reported accommodation listings. At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. We maintain petabytes of data including and not limited to; customer information, reservations, accommodation information, accommodation availability, destination information, etc.
About the Team
Marketing Technology is at our core so that is why we are constantly evolving and adapting our systems to be able to work with the best technology out there. Working in the Customer Marketing department you will be exposed to Java, Python, Perl, MySql, Cassandra, Kafka, Kubernetes, Hadoop, ElasticSearch and more. You will not only get the chance to utilize these technologies to solve the problems on hand in a scalable and reliable way but you will also be contributing to our goal to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
We are composed of world class engineers, data scientists and marketers focused on driving acquisition of new customers via messaging, online advertising and site and content optimization. Behind each of these pillars is a highly scaled infrastructure of system, tools, data pipelines and ML infrastructure that makes sure we are spending our money wisely and attract traffic to our website as efficiently as possible. This means you will be working in a dynamic and commercially oriented setting using the latest technologies, and with a lot of autonomy to make a direct impact on our business.
As a Backend Developer, you are responsible for the development, performance, and scaling of our online marketing and advertising systems. Important aspects of the job include:
We are looking for self-starters who are great at solving problems, who initiate discussions, are solutions-oriented, customer focused and believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools. We are looking for:
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.