- Our backend stack is focused around Golang/Ruby as programming languages, PostgreSQL, Apache Cassandra as database systems, Elasticsearch as a search engine, RabbitMQ as message broker. Also, we use Apache Thrift for RPC and Prometheus for monitoring to name a few.
- We’re firm believers of micro-service architecture and domain-driven design, making our codebase highly flexible and reusable. Some parts of our production have actually been running for more than 5 years!
- We’re DevOps-minded. Our backend engineers ship to production multiple times a day and are responsible for their production. We’re always working towards reducing the maintenance toil by automating as much as possible our processes using tools like Github actions or our own in-house frontend deployer.
- We’re running around 50 applications in production, making it around 1600 containers live, across 90 servers. Not to mention that we’ve been running containers in production for more than 7 years. We’re currently in the works of moving our production workload to Kubernetes.
- We’re product-centric: we’re not writing code for the sake of it, but to provide the best service to our customers.
- We strongly believe that collective intelligence is the very root of success for an engineering organization. Each and everyone has a word to say regarding the technical implementation of a feature. That’s why we rely on tools like proposals and RFCs to encourage this culture, as the best companies in the field do.
- We love open source and contribute to it by opening our own libraries to share them with as many people as possible.
- Writing highly reliable, maintainable, and tested code that makes the correct assumptions based on the context. You know that in our field, everything is a matter of tradeoffs.
- Getting involved in the feature lifecycle, from its inception, through its technical design and implementation, to its maintenance in production 3 months/years after releasing it ;-).
- Work in collaboration with the team, get involved in mentoring juniors, reviewing PRs, and writing RFCs. Being at ease with written communication is a must.
- Work hand in hand with Customer Success and Support teams, to make sure our customers have the best experience using our product.
- You’re eager to discover how our product works and you’re keen to learn and master its technologies. We’re looking for enthusiastic people and great learners who go beyond the tools, not technical experts. Of course, if you already have experience with our stack that’s a plus, but definitely not a requirement.
- You like to work in a team and to take on challenges, and you are fluent or comfortable working in English. Our team is based mostly in France, but speaking French is \*\*not\*\* a requirement.
- You’re reliable: You keep your word when you can, communicate early on, and come up with solutions when it looks like \[we || you] are running into a wall.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions and raise issues.
- You’re a team player.
- You care about the product and strive to make something useful.
- Your spot with the team in one of our awesome Lyon or LA offices, or even remote, either way is fine with us. You’ll be answering issues on Github and making bad jokes on Discord anyway!
- An entrepreneurial and dynamic startup environment with room for growth;
- A mixed and international team (10+ nationalities);
- An empowering and autonomous position in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Regular exchanges with the US/FR offices;
- Stock options
- The answer to life, the universe, and everything;
- Join a motivated and growing team!
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
Our platform aggregates, keeps up to date, and serves the content of 5M influencers across all trending social networks of the internet. This raises a certain amount of engineering challenges related to data, scalability, and performance. At the scale we’re at, the naïve solution often isn’t enough.
Sounds like the perfect opportunity? Apply now to join us!
We offer a flexible hybrid work model, providing our employees with an office setting, the option to work from home, and even fully remote structures. We believe in work-life balance and provide access so we can make the best of our workdays.
Upfluence is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.