- Help set the broad direction and vision for the team while implementing delightful experiences for consumers
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing your team
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design and product discussions with leaders across our product and operations teams
- Own the success of your team's product and deliver quantifiable results in a timely manner
- Build systems, services and product features across multiple platforms that have an impact on consumers
- Be responsible for the technical excellence and outcome of the team
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ software development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- Technical background in developing products and services
- Ability to lead and cultivate a sense of ownership, accountability & urgency in the team
- Experience collaborating with engineering leaders and cross-functional team members
- Ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance to the team
- Ruby on Rails
- React Native
- Daniel Graf, Chief Product Officer
- Mike Lockwitz, Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead
- Howard Chou, Engineering Manager
- Charles Soll, Product Leadership
- Brian Baker, Product Leadership
- Health insurance coverage
- Mental health benefits
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Stock options
- Career ladders and bi-annual performance review
San Francisco, CA - United States of America
Golang Job Details
We are building the world's largest in-home care system.
Healthcare is rapidly moving into the home, creating an enormous market opportunity that's growing daily as consumers increasingly demand more convenient healthcare options.
Technology is the engine that powers our foundation. It ensures we can reach massive scale and drives differentiation from any other healthcare company entering this space. We're using data to ensure patient safety and tailor the care to patients' specific needs which allows for better care delivery from patient onboarding, patient care, and post care follow-up.
DispatchHealth is a Series D startup with more than $400m in funding and a $1B+ valuation. We're backed by Oak, Tiger Global, Alta Partners, Optum Ventures, Questa Capital, ad EchoHealth Ventures.
We're a remote first org and our engineering team is spread out across the US, Mexico, and Ukraine. Our culture is focused on impact, accountability, and collaboration.
As a team, we share the goal of driving the company forward and transforming healthcare through the technology we build. We believe the only way we can accomplish our goal is together, and that our whole is greater than the sum of our parts. We collaborate closely across every function because we recognize that no individual function can solve the whole problem as well as we can when we all work together.
With our teammates spread out across different cities, we actively support each other and cultivate an environment where everyone is comfortable sharing ideas regardless of seniority or function, and where the best ideas consistently win. We know the positive feeling we get when we feel heard, and we reciprocate that deep engagement with others when they're talking or presenting so that we gain alignment and promote our collective actions.
Come join us on the journey to transform healthcare!
As a Software Engineer Manager for this team, you will be responsible for driving initiatives from inception through execution. You will also collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, and other cross-functional team members within the organization to ensure that our platform provides a remarkable experience for developers to build in. If you're looking for the rare opportunity to revolutionize healthcare you will find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
What You'll Achieve:
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
Technologies we use and teach:
Reporting to Eddie Peloke, Head of Engineering
Others you will learn from and collaborate with:
Location: Remote, USA
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $180,000 - $220,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
DispatchHealth is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. We welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge the standard. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]
To see our Employee Privacy Notice, please see here: https://www.dispatchhealth.com/employee-privacy-notice