- Rapidly developing next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance self-service marketing platform with a focus on building, maintaining and monitoring greenfield services in the private cloud, public cloud and on-premise
- Ensuring reliability and increasing the maturity of all systems via the use of system health monitoring tools and building new health indicators as needed
- Working independently, taking ownership, acting as an intermediary for problems, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solving issues with the existing systems, prioritizing based on business and technical needs and communicating impact to the team and users
- Collaborating with adjacent teams and other partners to deliver on business objectives
- Contributing to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in software development with any of the following server-side programming languages (Java, Perl, C++, Python, Golang or similar)
- Prior experience with distributed systems which are highly scalable and available
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices
- Demonstrable experience with MySQL or similar relational databases
- Excellent communication; written and spoken and experience working with non-technical collaborators
- High level of ownership - own your systems end-to-end and are comfortable performing incident management.
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude and you act proactively and not reactively
- Prior experience with big data
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Trainings, including regular opportunities to travel and attend global conferences
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: Booking
At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we’ve been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we’re building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
Data Services team is a part of Marketing responsible for providing effective, measurable audiences of users for use across our marketing partners and governing the use of tracking technologies across the marketing organization. We are a group composed of world class data scientists, engineers and risk & data protection specialists who work together to ensure our marketing teams align with all regulations and best practices. Working in the HMS Data Services team you will be exposed to Java, Python, DynamoDB, Kafka, Hadoop, Kubernetes, AWS, Perl, MySql and much more. We work to ensure we provide robust and scalable systems to transmit approved information with our partners, maintain addressable user lists (processing over 2 billion entries per day) and measure marketing touch points across platforms. We work to coordinate with different products within Booking.com to optimize when to display ads across different types of experiences for our customers, like accommodations, flights, rental cars and experiences to name a few.
As part of this dynamic and highly impactful team you will be working to modernize and build new systems to support higher levels of experimentation and measurement as well as using cloud based technologies to ensure higher levels of reliability, resiliency and performance. You will also, along with the rest of the team, support the reliability of our existing infrastructure.
Your Skills - Must-haves:
Your Skills - Bonus Points:
What We Offer:
The position is open to candidates worldwide. We provide assistance to you and your community with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.