- Hands-on Learning
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Pair Programming
- Agile Methodologies
- Time provided for self-directed professional development.
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, architects, backend engineers, support teams and other stakeholders
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Review and test existing code-bases or technical integrations across various CARFAX projects
- Knowledge with client/server architecture and integrating with web services using REST or GraphQL
- Experience in full SDLC development including design, building, testing, deployment, upgrade, and support.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Object oriented experience with languages such as Java, Kotlin, TypeScript, Golang, Python or C#; we primarily use TypeScript.
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / RRSP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
London - Canada
Golang Job Details
Join Team CARFAX as an Software Engineer - Front End
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
What makes our Tech Culture Amazing?
We’re passionate about having a creative and innovative environment where our developers collaborate and continuously learn and grow. Autonomy is a key pillar of our tech culture. Our developers have the freedom to bring new tools, frameworks, and ideas to the table knowing their voice will be heard. We’re not afraid of trying new things; if the case is made for a new technology or approach, our developers know it will be tried.
What makes our development environment unique:
This role has an expectation of 2 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you'll be doing:
What’s in it for you:
Don’t just take our word for it: