- Building smart and efficient code that works well within a service-based system architecture.
- Developing new features and systems, as well as maintaining existing ones.
- Coordinating with other team members on larger projects, as well as making sure that all systems are communicating effectively.
- Ensuring that coding standards are always implemented across all code.
- Architecting scalable systems through Microservices built with Golang to solve concurrency challenges.
- Architecting projects from the ground up while also improving existing systems through ongoing PHP maintenance and optimizations.
- Building systems through Event Driven Architecture with Apache Kafka.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with cross functional teams (Product/DevOps/Stakeholders/Design)
- Building Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines through Gitlab to increase automation.
- Easily discover new insights through our BigQuery Data Warehouse
Calgary - Canada
Golang Job Details
We are passionate about hiring students and helping to give them an edge up in their career. Everyone should have the opportunity to build their skills and grow their career, and why not do this at one of Calgary’s fastest growing technology companies, who is changing the payments landscape.
We’re looking for a number of interns to join our technology team in May 2023 for either a 12 or 16 month internship. In these roles you’ll be exposed to the development of a wide variety of features including both frontend and backend components. As an intern, we’ll train you to tackle some great projects. You won’t just get your feet wet, you’ll get to do real work! You won't feel like just an "intern" but be a part of a great team that you'll want to continue working with. If you have a growth mindset, you’ll also find yourself quickly taking on new challenges.
This internship is open to post-secondary students, currently enrolled and returning to post-secondary studies following their internship with us. Candidates must be located in Calgary or open to relocate.
Typical Duties During Your Software Development Journey
Helcim is a payments company that gives small and medium sized businesses a better way to accept debit and credit cards. Thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose Helcim for their payment needs because of our excellent customer service and innovative software solutions. We won the Canada’s Most Admired Award for Corporate Culture in 2021 and 2022, ranked number 91 on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top 400 Growing Companies, and we have big plans to redefine the payments industry. To accomplish this, we need a talented team of people who are passionate about working in fintech. Learn more about working at Helcim in our culture book The Way of the Helcim.
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter through the "Apply for this Job" button at the link below.
Candidates must also be eligible to work in Canada. Helcim uses a hybrid work structure where team members can work 3 days in the Calgary office and 2 days at home.