- Define, architect, & develop core engine components primarily in PHP
- Develop, innovate & integrate new technologies and tools (working with content teams)
- Create and work with data objects in relational and non relational storage models
- Optimize code & memory for high performance and low latency
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- Help mentor other engineers in core language and technology struggles
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Developer
- Strong programming experience in PHP development environments or one of the following: C/C++, Java, Python
- Strong Object Oriented design and architecture skills
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members
- Experience in programming RESTful services using PHP or equivalent
- Experience with database optimization: SQL, NoSQL, and data caching technologies/in-memory databases such as MemCached and Redis
- Prior game development experience and/or experience in live ops situations
- Unity3D or C#
- Experience with GIT
- Facebook and other related 3rd party SDK experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS or related technologies
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take Two RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US Employees)
- RRSP Company Match Contribution (Canadian Employees)
- Extended Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canadian Employees)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US Employees)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Fitness benefits (offering varies by location)
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid maternity/parental leave
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
Toronto - Canada
Golang Job Details
Zynga is looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team! Are you ready to put your ideas into the next generation of games that will be played by millions?
As a Senior Engineer you'll develop and architect critical game components and systems that directly relate to the success of our games. We are committed to providing an exciting and challenging career, centered around developing high quality mechanics that scale!
You will be developing primarily in a PHP based technology stack. Engineers work together with team members and jointly own the success of their features throughout the entire development pipeline. Stages include Design -> Architecture -> Development -> Testing -> Production Ramp. You will be joining a high quality team of talented individuals that are all committed to success.
Additional responsibilities include:
You will be addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
What we are looking for:
What we offer you:
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [email protected] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Toronto, Canada
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite
Requisition Id: P212323