- Maintain and extend our current server-side ad insertion technology
- Design, engineer & implement highly-available, fault-tolerant, distributed systems enhancing our ads delivery platform
- Analyze and understand Zattoo’s ads services and explore ways on how to efficiently scale them
- Write and maintain systems that collect and preprocess large scale log data
- Implement and develop improvements to platforms, infrastructure, tools and processes
- Develop clean and maintainable code
- Collaborate with stakeholders and engineers across the company
- Become a valued member of Zattoo’s Engineering team and improve our core services
- 2+ years proven experience with C++ in a production environment
- 2+ years proven experience with Golang in a production environment
- Experience with any of the following programming languages are also a plus: Python, Rust
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux platforms
- Expertise in concurrent and distributed systems/web services
- Good understanding of data stores, we use cassandra/scylla, clickhouse, elasticsearch, mysql
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues, multidisciplinary teams and external partners
- Bonus: Experience with video and audio streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) and packaging (MP4, MKV, MPEG-TS) technologies
- Bonus: A BS/MS degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Bonus: Previously worked in a DevOps environment and worked with container management such as Kubernetes, Docker or LXC
- Bonus: Experience with ads industry standards (VAST, SCTE-35) or other related products (Yospace, Google DAI, Unified Streaming)
- Reward: strong market competitive salary
- Recharge: 30 days vacation plus public holidays
- Regulate: trust based flexible working hours and the option for remote working 8 weeks per year
- We’re sharing: Free access to the best streaming experience on the market
- We're developing: your own development budget, German classes and Zattoo all-company hack days
- We’re inclusive: ‘Zattooies’ are a fun, engaged, and diverse team made up of 44 nationalities
- We’re healthy: yoga classes, health checks, team sports, organic fruit, vegan options and more!
- We’re responsible: we are carbon neutral, an active employee Green team, discounted BVG tickets and free bike rentals
- We’re sociable: a calendar of events with fireside chats, lunches, in-house bar, BBQ’s, monthly socials, summer party and an annual off-site event
Berlin - Germany
Golang Job Details
The ideal blend of stability and flexibility. A genuinely human employer that cares for people and the planet. True autonomy to shape what comes next, for us and you. This is the perfect platform to take your career where you want.
Back in 2005, we pioneered Europe’s first TV streaming service. Today, we’re the world’s first certified climate neutral TV streaming provider. 3 million users across three countries. Over 230 colleagues of 47 nationalities. We’re the grown-up start-up, helping to shape a better future since day one. That hasn’t changed, even if the world has. We’re friendly, international, inclusive – and our people say we’re reliable and transparent, too. It’s why they trust us and believe in what we do.
Become a part of the core team that maintains, extends and improves our video backend based on state of the art technology. Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and operate our video services
THE ADS DOMAIN TEAM
We are building a new team to take full ownership of our state of the art ads backend services. As a Software Engineer one will work on building and extending services for server-side dynamic ad insertion and delivery of personalized ads at scale. The team will work closely with our Video and Playback Team to ensure delivery of the world class video experience. The ads domain team is owning a microservice architecture that handles all aspects dealing with video ads at Zattoo. The core of it is driving our fragment-level ad stitching solution. From there it is also dealing with ad ingest, adserver communication and metadata communication. We are a team of diverse software engineers specialized in video technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You should bring your own ideas on how to further optimize the architecture and help extending the capabilities of our system every day. You should be curious about the inner works of video encoding and streaming and be able to think and operate at scale.
At Zattoo, you’re always on firm ground with real freedom to explore. You’ll have the support and opportunity you need to go far, while you’re helping us create a sustainable and entertainment-filled future for all.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU