- You’ll operate as the go-to person for back-end related matters within our technology stack.
- Work collaboratively and transparently with product management, design, stakeholders, and your fellow engineers.
- You will evolve the client’s engineering practices and architectural designs to meet goals in partnership with Principal Engineers and Technology leadership.
- Deliver software using continuous delivery and leverage your experience to enhance delivery pipelines and Devops process.
- Continually build highly modular and reusable code using industry standards and best practices.
- You'll actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
- 4+ years of experience writing server-side code and APIs in Golang(Go)
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming and experience with Go/Golang
- Experience with AWS and Lambdas.
- Experience with Scrum or other agile development methodologies, with attention to code quality and delivering secure code
- Experience working in a complex team environment and able to deliver under pressure
- Good knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Mac, and Windows)
- You are expected to bring in deep architecture and design knowledge, excellent engineering practices, and a capability to provide high-quality, hands-on implementation
- Experience building large scale distributed systems, especially in AWS cloud environments
- Experience with other AWS Services: Cloud Formation(IaC), AppSync, Appbridge, DynamoDB, Cloud Watch, ELB, ALB, EKS, Secrets Manager, Route 53,
- Experience with other DevOps Process tools: Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, Helm, Vault, JSON, YAML
- C# tools set experience: .NET Core, WCF, MicroServices, REST, Web API
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Become an IBM Employee and come on as a part of a team within IBM Consulting Platform Services creating AWS Native Applications in Go(lang) and modernize client’s AWS cloud platform overall.
We are seeking highly motivated and accomplished Golang Back-End Engineers. Help set standards across the organization on design, architecture, and best practices.
Duties of Remote Golang Developer
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
The compensation range for this position is based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM