- Are you passionate about building event-driven systems?
- Do you have a strong grasp of Go and/or Kotlin?
- Do you enjoy finding solutions for significantly impactful challenges?
- Striving to build out the company's technical vision using sophisticated and modern software engineering approaches
- Helping to shape GRID's technological landscape together with experienced colleagues
- Clearly communicating technical approaches with technical teams as well as the wider business
- Taking pride in building stable, scalable and well-tested software services
- Improving and building upon existing solutions, taking a proactive approach to continuous system improvement
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced software startup that has incredible potential
- A passion for software engineering who loves writing clean, well-tested code and pays close attention to small details
- In-depth knowledge and experience from working hands on with either Kotlin or Golang (ideally both) and one or more of the following languages: C++, C, C#, Java
- Experience participating in architecture discussions, communicating ideas clearly and collaborating with others to find the best possible solution
- Demonstrable experience building and maintaining mission-critical systems that must remain up
- Extensive experience building distributed systems using RabbitMQ, Kafka
- An understanding of the challenges involved in building a microservices architecture as well as the best ways to overcome them
- A deep understanding of event-based and streaming architecture patterns and related tooling and techniques
- Further understanding of one or more of the following topics: Event Sourcing, Domain Driven Design, Containerisation
- A proven ability to design practical, well thought-through APIs for both internal and external use
- Previous experience working with cloud-native technologies including containerisation (Docker), databases (Cassandra, Kafka) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience working with large datasets stored in relational databases and key-value stores
- An obsessive approach to writing well-tested software with a measure-everything mentality
- Excellent communication, especially when working with remote teams
- Enthusiasm for working in a Lean, fully Agile environment
- Experience of reverse engineering systems and working with games engines
- A great company culture, working with international colleagues who are passionate about what they do just as much as you are
- The ability to see the impact of your work from day 1, solve problems and see what you build put to immediate use
- Help create something new in an expanding niche, enhance your personal and development goals
- Work out of a private office within a modern co-working space with full amenities
- Flexible schedule that respects your health and time
- Ability to self express and the freedom to work independently
- After work game sessions
- Learn from your intelligent and experienced teammates
- Opportunity to travel
- Competitive salary
- An environment where people love building quality software and want to discuss in depth the approaches that allow us to do so
- An open-to-improvement mentality where contribution from anyone is welcome
- A yearly development budget to use for conferences and courses
- Plenty of opportunities to work on new and exciting projects
GRID eSports GmbH
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
We are looking for someone well versed in Go and/or Kotlin to join the Engineering team - where you will be developing greenfield services and taking an active role in shaping GRID’s technology landscape.
You will be working alongside other experienced engineers, writing code adhering to best practices while working on systems that are depended on by some of the biggest names in the esports and gaming industry.
Reporting directly to the team’s Technical Lead, your responsibilities will include:
What you will receive from us:
Founded in 2018 in Berlin, GRID offers the GRID Data Platform to the esports & games industry. Specialized in in-game, play-by-play data, GRID curates data for game developers and tournament organizers and leverages its data platform to unlock the potential of the right holders’ data assets for the purposes of storytelling, fan engagement, and integrity.
GRID’s official data partnerships cover multiple partnered rights holders (data sources), and integrated commercial data consumers, covering 15+ game titles. The partners' list includes industry leaders such as BLAST Premier, PGL, WePlay Esports, Riot Games (VALORANT), and Krafton (PUBG).
If you have the ambition and desire to work at the forefront of cutting-edge industry projects, then GRID is the place for you.
For more information please visit .
Apply today to find out more and begin your journey!