- Participate in DevOps, Agile, CICD (continuous integration, continuous deliver), and integration frameworks.
- Programming in high-level languages such as C#, .Net, Java, Python etc.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation of processes and source code is created and maintained.
- Communicate effectively with peers, leaders, and customers throughout the organization.
- Participate in expert level troubleshooting and resolve problems through root cause analysis, data and system investigation.
- Contributes to design and architecture discussions with Principals and Architects.
- Leads targeted cross-functional improvement efforts and mentors more junior software engineers.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Work independently with minimal guidance. You may lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Demonstrated desire and ability for continuous learning
- Adapt to technology stack(s) called out by project needs
- Be required to provide 24/7 call support.
- Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud-based services.
- Experience writing software for the cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products.
- Experience building high-performance, highly available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience developing software for healthcare related industries.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Golang Job Details
Mayo Clinic is the nation's best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2022-2023) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider. We have a vast array of opportunities ranging from Nursing, Clinical, to Finance, IT, Administrative, Research and Support Services to name a few. Across all locations, you’ll find career opportunities that support diversity, equity and inclusion. At Mayo Clinic, we invest in you with opportunities for growth and development and our benefits and compensation package are highly competitive. We invite you to be a part of our team where you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.
This is a full time remote position within the United States.
The Clinical Specialty and Informatic Unit within the Section of Hospital and Surgical Systems in the Departmental Systems Division is looking for a software developer to join the Clinical Specialty team as a Sr. Software Engineer. The Clinical Specialties Team mainly develops and supports custom applications for various clinical specialties across the Mayo Clinic enterprise. This position will help lead the development and implementation of custom applications for the Neurology AI Program.
The successful candidate will be collaborating with other engineers to analyze, develop, and test functional requirements. Performing code reviews to ensure code is clean and maintainable while mentoring and coaching others. Working with team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility. Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and then mentor team members on their appropriate application, and keep up to date with industry trends and developments.
Preferred candidates will be well-versed in several technology areas including: full-stack development, cloud technologies, and multiple programming languages. Knowledge of FHIR, Google Workflows, Google data stores, Business Process Languages, or Epic integrations is beneficial.
A Codility exam will be required as part of the interview screening process for this position.
Mayo Clinic will not sponsor or transfer visas for this position including F1 OPT STEM.
Required qualifications for this position include: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field with 5 years of experience as noted below; OR an Associate’s degree in Computer/Science/Engineering or related field with 7 years of experience.
Have in-depth knowledge of software engineering with experience coding applications or services in a high-level language (C, C++, Golang, Java, C# etc.) and a basic knowledge of related fields.
Demonstrated problem solving and time management skills. Possesses strong technical aptitude for designing and implementing software solutions. Experience with modern application development frameworks
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations. Deep hands-on technical expertise, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience with Agile software development techniques.
$131,602 - $190,861 / year
Hours / Pay period
8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students. The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are available.