- Work with Product Owner, Business Analysts and Engineering Team to plan and prioritise the feature backlog by assessing their value and ensure alignment with product strategy acting as a Scrum Master
- Capture any roadblocks and proactively identify any risks and dependencies
- Support and drive cultural change, including instigating critical thinking about controls and processes and encouraging a culture of continuous improvement
- Work with a wide variety of Citi teams (not limited to Technology) and help them drive towards everything-as-code and a codified controls environment
- Build and maintain planning dashboards to provide a holistic view of the execution strategy
- Excellent communicator who gets on well with others, building strong professional relationships
- Collaborative by nature, builds partnerships across the firm
- Creative and innovative, brings different angles to problems and provides new solutions
- Demonstrates pragmatism yet creative risk mitigation
- An advocate of inclusion and diversity in every way
- Expert software engineer in distributed systems leveraging languages like Golang or Python
- History of developing on a range of event-driven architectures, ideally including container-based micro-services
- Worked with distributed logs (ideally Kafka), traditional SQL and NoSQL databases
- Delivered successful projects into production and used at scale
- Implemented CI/CD pipelines leveraging observability and log aggregation tools as part of the full SDLC
Dublin - Ireland
Golang Job Details
About The Department
Developer Engineering is a new function within ICG Technology. Our mission is to make it easy and enjoyable for software engineering teams to go from a business idea to delivering an innovative product solution. The main goals are to improve and upgrade our tools, streamline our processes, automate and strengthen our controls, and help development teams adopt modern working methods.
This new initiative represents a critical investment in our future development capability. We are building an expert team to transform the working environment of the 18,000 people who make up the ICG development community and help them dramatically change their approach to developing software across the many different technologies we support. The Developer Engineering group has a challenging remit, but with the scale and variety comes a unique opportunity to be agents of cultural and technical change who significantly impact the bank.
About The Team
Within the ICG Developer Engineering department, the Codified Controls group is a dedicated expert team focused on driving the everything-as-code agenda and delivering tangible reductions in process friction, errors, and manual effort to comply with and administer our controls.
The Codified Controls group will build central solutions and platforms, break down technical barriers and strengthen existing systems. The group will have the mandate and a unique opportunity as part of a greenfield programme to impact critical technical decisions across the company and change how the organisation is applying controls and writing policies globally.
The Codified Controls is a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, business analysts, and product managers that will directly engineer new codified controls and the underlying capabilities required to support them and drive other groups to provide the automated controls.
They are also cultural and behavioural leaders who are champions of great teamwork and highly opinionated on human-centric approaches to automating and codifying our controls and procedures.
The team will work extremely closely with the Risk and Controls Transformation team to ensure their work is mutually supportive. There is a natural alignment of automation enabling new ways of working, which drives a need to change our controls to be amenable to codification, moving towards new thinking about how we could work. This approach comes with a challenging but exciting opportunity to help change how a significant number of Citi employees work and reduce tedious, repetitive toil – freeing them up to do critical, creative thinking.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer responsible for building Codified Controls systems that run at scale and develop core building blocks that other engineering teams within their domains will integrate. There will be additional responsibilities to act as a Scrum Master for a highly technical team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for deploying, troubleshooting, and scaling any services they build and work with partner teams to federate their work through inner-source projects.
As a Scrum Master you will be responsible for enabling the engineering team to deliver on their scrum commitments, support the unblocking of any issues and work with stakeholders and external dependencies to ensure success of each bucket of work.
The split of duties will be adjusted depending on the demands and abilities of the candidate.
The Senior Software Engineer role will report to Senior Engineering Manager.
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Applications Development
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting