- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high-quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and interact with a vibrant community
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You have a Bachelor's or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have interest and experience with Kubernetes
- You are a python programmer with interest or experience in golang
Victoria - Canada
Golang Job Details
This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, Python, Golang and Kubernetes. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, the growing international software company behind Ubuntu.
As a member of the Kubernetes product team, you will build the operators and addons; the former, offering complete lifecycle management of mission-critical components, and the latter, a zero-ops experience for seamlessly integrating projects into your Kubernetes.
You will bring Kubernetes to a wide range of use cases across public, private, and hybrid clouds. The Canonical Kubernetes Software Engineer is a developer with a passion for providing the best Kubernetes experience for any use case.
On the Kubernetes team, you will gain familiarity with the latest features in Kubernetes and look to incorporate the best of open-source to bring functionality to our end-users. You will collaborate with industry peers and partners to bring the right solutions to our customers.
What you'll do
Who you are
Canonical is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.