- c.100 people (ex Google, Facebook, Monzo, McKinsey, Talkdesk, Feedzai...)
- Captured 10%+ of our addressable UK market already
- $1Bn of property being added onto our platform annually in a $Trillion market
- 5 locations (UK, Portugal, Germany, HK, Singapore) -> check out our video of GetGrounders from across the globe coming together in London for GetGround live 2022
- Featured in Sifted's 2022 future 'Soonicorns'
- Technical rigour through collaborative, multi-disciplinary and thorough refinement processes. We want hackers and painters!
- Simple, clear and concise communication and documentation of technical ideas
- A challenger mindset - to implement new patterns and libraries including improving readability and efficiency
- Own the user-facing web frontend codebase of the application, currently built in React with Redux
- Own the internal web frontend application
- Design and write clean documentation
- Collaborate with Backend Engineers (who work with Golang) to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Mentor junior engineers
- Experience with: React, Redux and Typescript
- ES6, HTML5, CSS & one statically typed language (e.g. C, Java, Go)
- Unit testing, integration testing, or similar testing frameworks
- Database technologies like SQL, noSQL, key-value stores (e.g. mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis...)
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Private health + dental benefits
- Flexible/hybrid working (check details with your recruiter)
- 1 day off per month as a mental health day (12 days annually) PLUS holidays and public days off
- Mental health support - 24/7 access to mental health support, counselling, therapy & coaching through Spectrum.Life for all employees and their immediate family
- Team and company-wide events
- 360° performance reviews to promote a culture of growth and development
- Support for conferences and professional learning & development
- 41% of our employees identify as female, 1% non-specified, 58% as male
- 19 nationalities represented across offices in 5 countries
- Our work on Design Accessibility
- Inclusion is at the heart of our culture - we celebrate and reflect on key D&I and cultural events such as: Black History Month, International Women's Day and Pride
Porto - Portugal
Golang Job Details
Hello, we are GetGround. We are a well-funded Tech scaleup in Europe and Asia with a mission to make the world fairer and more productive. We are doing this by making assets more transparent, trustworthy and accessible - starting with real estate. Incomes have stagnated, so more access to wealth generating things like real estate = less wealth inequality. We are disruptors building a global network for trading illiquid assets - and we have first mover advantage!
Our Co-Founder and CEO Moubin qualified as a Doctor and went on to have a successful career at McKinsey and private equity house, APAX. Moubin started GetGround with his brother and our CTO, Misrab. Misrab is a Stanford Computer Scientist that led the scaling of the Gojek Data Science team in Asia.
We are proud of how far we have come since 2018, but humbled and excited at what there is still to achieve. Our values sit at the core of everything we do - pursuit of excellence, feedback obsessed, No BS and healthy egos.
We have a flexible working policy that allows hybrid working. Please ask your Recruiter for more details.
Senior React Developer | Portugal (Porto or Lisbon - hybrid working is expected)
You will join one of our cross functional Tech squads based in one of our Portugal hubs where you will work with product and design to create products that delight our users. This is an opportunity to join a well funded scale-up with a clear vision, purpose & mission.
The Engineering team is led by CTO and Co-Founder, Misrab, a Stanford Computer Scientist. You can read about his philosophy to product engineering here. You can also take a listen to one of our Podcast episodes with one of our Backend Engineers here and check out one of our Frontend Engineers' blog posts on Accessibility compliant Design System at GetGround.
Some of the things we feel passionately about:
What you will do
The experience you will have:
[+ other localised benefits depending on your office location]
What we do - in more detail
GetGround is developing the infrastructure for a global digital marketplace for assets enveloped in companies. Trillions of dollars of assets are tied in inefficient illiquid markets - think property, ships, factory machinery & infrastructure to name a few.
Enveloping an asset in a company unlocks liquidity by enabling the right legal basis for asset ownership, governance and exchange. However companies, one of humanity's greatest inventions, are stuck in the past. We are digitising and automating the company - starting by tackling UK private residential investment property, with £1.3 trillion of stock and £30-50 billion in transactions a year.
Diversity & inclusion at GetGround
We encourage applications from all sections of society and we believe in the criticality of an inclusive culture. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by law.