- Extensive development skills in Python and experience in its principles to write robust and well performing code.
- Experience in working with the Python ML stack, in particular a comprehensive understanding of scikit-learn and PyTorch.
- Backend development skills in a modern strongly typed programming language (preferably Golang and Rust).
- Understanding of micro-service architectures and tools to deploy ML pipelines for training and serving (Kubeflow, KServe or similar).
- Knowledge in container-based technologies (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with Web technologies, HTTP/2, REST/gRPC.
- Experience with version Control (Git).
- Experience in producing production-ready code.
- Interest in engineering problems and challenges related to industry 4.0 in biotechnological, chemical, and pharmaceutical processes.
- University degree (at least Bachelor) in computer science or a similar field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Develop backend data engineering, model training and model serving pipelines.
- Research, implement and deploy new machine learning algorithms.
- Deploy and monitor software solutions for multiple clients.
- Extend our unique technology with your smart ideas and concepts.
- Integration into a young and dynamic team of computationally experienced chemical engineers, biotechnologists, and computer scientists ready to master the digitalization challenge in the process industry.
- Sharp learning curve in a challenging and highly interdisciplinary working environment.
- Integration in our agile SCRUM development team, open towards modern technologies and solutions.
- The possibility to spend 10% of your work hours on a relevant personal research project.
- Self-improvement opportunities supported by regular code reviews and coding dojos.
- Appealing career opportunities in a fast-growing company.
Lisbon - Portugal
Golang Job Details
Our client, a data analytics and process modelling company, is looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer, to join their team in Lisbon, Portugal.
The ideal candidate is a backend and machine learning engineer supporting the client to bridge the gap between their machine learning based algorithms and backend of their web-based software solution. The candidate will drive and extend our existing software framework, built on a micro-service-based architecture, with additional structural components, innovative features, and effective connections to 3rd party systems. The goal is to transfer the developed solutions into production and monitor the deployment.
The position includes intense interaction with the client's data scientists, software engineers, domain experts and customers.
The client offers:
This is a permanent role working Monday-Friday (hybrid position with Working from Home policy).
The candidate must be based within 50miles from Lisbon and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.