- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs, primarily for end users
- Write code and complete programming by using current programming languages and technologies
- Perform testing and debugging of applications
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
- Effectively communicate product architectures and design proposals
- Collaborate with peers, junior engineers, technicians, and design partners
- Typically interact with high-level individual contributors and managers
- Analyse and integrate partner software to enhance solutions
- Strong Linux development background
- Experience and understanding of Agile framework
- Experience developing with multiple languages such as Golang or C++, Python.
- Experience with microservice architecture, REST, API’s, gRPC
- Experience with automated CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Deployment) tools and processes such as CircleCI and GitOps
- Experience managing and maintaining microservices (monitoring, alarming, repairing)
- Experience with public cloud and SDK’s/ API’s for AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience managing infrastructure as code, both on-prem and cloud based, using tools like ansible, terraform, etc.
- Understanding of devops methodologies for software as a service
- Understanding of container and orchestration technologies – Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of IAM concepts and technologies - Oauth2 / OpenID Connect / PKCE / SAML / LDAP
- Good at partnering, innovating, and making things happen. You are aligned to our core values.
- Educated to level ofBachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- A professional with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in software application design tools and programming languages
- Excellent in verbal and written communication and presentation
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Galway - Ireland
Golang Job Details
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyse, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you.
Open opportunities with HPE.
The HPE GreenLake Cloud Service Team is seeking experienced, highly qualified and motivated candidates for a cloud developer role. In this role you will work as a member of a software team based in Galway working in a highly productive, fast-paced environment using agile development methodologies, with opportunities to grow and develop your technical ability.
In a typical day as a Clou Engineer, you would…
If you have any of the following…
If you are…
Join us and make your mark!
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to employer use of arrest and conviction records, including laws requiring employers to consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.