Design and develop comprehensive test plans and test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents for the application changes and efficiently execute the same across all functional areas, products and solutions.
Test code manually as well as utilize test automation suites to enable the team to be more efficient and effective. Analyze and report test results to Development and Product teams.
Collaborate and work with Development, System Architecture and Product teams to analyze, debug and resolve design or code issues. Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the SDLC.
Report project status, highlight risks and issues to Project Managers and Management and also provide solutions and options.
Implement standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives.
Maintain appropriate vendor, partner relationships and internal service level agreements to facilitate daily workflow.
Coordinate and support integration, end-to-end testing with peer Test Engineering groups to ensure seamless code releases.
Maintain test environments and contribute to other Test Engineering daily activities.
- Bachelors Degree or Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or a PhD
- Knowledge of ISO 8583, SOAP / XML, JSON etc. messages will be required. Familiarity with RESTful APIs, SOAP UI, hands-on experience on Tokenization, Push Payments, Chip, EMV etc. will be an added advantage.
- Preferably experience in –
- zTPF (Mainframe), VM/CMS, VM/VPARS etc.,
- IBM S/390 Assembler/HLASM, C/C++,
- SQL, DB2 (ability to write and execute SQL queries to validate data),
- IBM TPF Toolkit and associated debugger.
- Good programming skills in any programming language (such as C++ / C# / JAVA / Golang / Python etc.) will be needed.
- Knowledge of VM/REXX Programming (including PIPE programming), VB Scripting and SQL/Databases are a big plus.
- Good to have - Experience using version control repository and source code management products such as GitHub, TFS etc. and other tools like Jira, SharePoint, Wiki and Jenkins etc.
- Should have good problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills. Be able to thrive in a self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment.
- Ability to be flexible and work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization.
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills and take on new tasks and initiatives. Proven ability to multi-task independently in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should be process oriented and possess good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), able to train team members/users on assigned topics, provide presentations to stakeholders, ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way, interact positively and work closely with TE management.
Reading, England - United Kingdom
Golang Job Details
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You’ll fit right in.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do and our current VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, requiring the highest standards in our technology and employees to ensure we can provide the products and insights our clients and business need to drive innovation.
Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence across the globe. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world.
Visa is a place where everyone is accepted everywhere, that is what we want to be. By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams and ensuring each employee is supported by world-class training opportunities and flexible working options Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Working within the OVN Programme
As the world’s largest retail electronic payments network Visa customers trust us with ensuring that they can pay with security and confidence everywhere they want to be.
Network Processing looks after the systems that form the core of Visa, allowing consumers and merchants to connect with financial institutions and provide a seamless payment experience, the core mission of the OVN (Open VisaNet) team is to create the next generation of these core systems using the latest technologies to ensure we are able to maintain this trust going forward and ensure that Visa is ready for the challenges of the future.
We offer you an opportunity to be at the centre of the innovation in the payments industry by joining us in the OVN team in Reading, where we are driving forward the implementation of the future of Visa.
If you think you could support Visa as a Staff Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.