- Work closely with product managers, designers, and internal teams to understand user needs
- Use your passion for building great software to develop meaningful, delightful merchant and customer facing features that help our merchants connect with, engage and reward their customers
- Provide input to aid in the technical decision making and direction for the team
- Write concise, well-organized code and sensible tests
- Be given opportunities to stretch yourself by learning new technologies and collaborating with engineers and other stakeholders
- Be eager to take on new challenges and feedback as you grow in your career
- 1+ years of experience developing production software
- 1+ years in Front End / Application development in Ember or similar
- Significant experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals and code organization best practices
- A strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction
- You have an interest in the strategic / business aspect of building a successful product
- You have past experience integrating with external APIs and providing polished APIs for third parties
- You have built systems that make use of complex job queues and offline processing
- Computer science or other technical degree
- Java, Golang, Ruby / Rails, Protocol Buffers
- Ember.js, ES6, Sass
- Android, iOS/Cocoa
- MySQL, Redis
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Quebec - Canada
Golang Job Details
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Loyalty Team helps Square sellers grow their business by turning first-time visitors into repeat customers, resulting in increased visit frequency, spend, and customer lifetime value. Over the years, Loyalty has evolved with advanced program configurations, integrations, channels, product surfaces, and a public API. However, at its core, Loyalty has been, and always will be, about helping sellers build strong relationships with their most engaged customers.
As an engineer on the Loyalty Team you will...
Bonus points if...
Technologies we use at Square:
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.