- Develops software modules for various parts of the system.
- Writes design documents and proposes design solutions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of software engineering processes such as agile methodologies, code-reviews, writing functional specifications.
- Understands and maintains existing codebase, adds features, fixes bugs, re-factors existing code.
- Solves challenging technical problems.
- Collaborates with team members and cross functional product teams.
- Writes well-designed, efficient, testable code.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of data structures.
- Demonstrates good understanding of development tools such as version control, effort management and ticketing and compiling and generating builds.
- Seeks help and advice from others when stuck to resolve existing issues at the earliest.
- Gathering & understanding and breaking down requirements.
- Provide technical mentorship to team members.
- Demonstrates a strong passion to learn.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills including communication and assertiveness.
- Estimates work assigned to self.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience with recognized and applicable industry certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience in Cloud Technologies (preferably AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it eg Express, Sequelize, etc.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Working knowledge of Server Side CSS pre-processors eg SCSS, Less, etc.
- Basic understanding of Front End technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, Servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Ability to Create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit test.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with Kubernetes is an advantage.
- AWS Accreditation a plus.
Letterkenny - Ireland
Golang Job Details
Our client, a global cloud/data protection company, is looking for a candidate for the role of Software Engineer, to join their team in Letterkenny, Ireland.
The ideal candidate has strong experience with NodeJS being the prominent requirement for the role. A background in Java and/or Python is appreciated.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the candidate's primary focus will be the development of all Server Side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the Front End. Ideally, the right candidate will focus on software delivery best practices through the Agile methodology.
This is a permanent position working Monday-Friday with the possibility to work from remote twice a week.
The candidate must be based within 50miles from Dublin and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.