- Participate in the design, development and maintenance of the RD-Connect GPAP and 3TR infrastructure
- Improve the processes between SW engineers and System administrators
- Research on which tools, services and databases are the best choices for GPAP use cases
- Collaborate with data analysts and software engineers developers
- Interact with national and international partners
- You have experience in system administration (Unix systems)
- You have experience with at least one of these programming languages (python, bash, golang)
- You have knowledge of Infrastructure as code
- You have experience with docker and kubernetes
- You have experience with task automation
- You have knowledge of Bioinformatics / High Throughput Sequencing and/or human genetics
- You hold a Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- You are fluent in English
- You have knowledge of SQL and no SQL databases (Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Cephs)
- You have knowledge of distributed computing (Spark)
- You have highly developed organization skills
- You are proactive
- You are a team player
- Contract duration: Open-end contract linked to project
- Estimated annual gross salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay scales.
- Target start date: As soon as possible.
- Hybrid working.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise reflected on the candidates CVs. It will be merit-based.
- Interview: Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Hiring Manager of the position and a selection panel if required.
- Offer Letter: Once the successful candidate is identified the Human Resources department will send a Job Offer, specifying the start day, salary, working conditions, among other important details.
Barcelona - Spain
Golang Job Details
The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiatives such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium (ICGC), the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC), the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium (IRDiRC) and the European Infrastructure for life-science information (ELIXIR), as well as in several EU-funded projects.
It is integrated with the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. The CRG is composed by an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team which is supported both by a flexible and efficient administration and by high-end and innovative technologies.
IIn April 2021, the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) received the renewal of the 'HR Excellence in Research' ( https://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/hr-excellence-research) Award from the European Commission. This is a recognition of the Institute's commitment to developing an HR Strategy for Researchers, designed to bring the practices and procedures in line with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers ( https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/european-charter) and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Charter and Code) ( https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code).
Please, check out our Recruitment Policy:
The CNAG-CRG is looking for a DevOps engineer to participate in the definition and implementation of the RD-Connect Genome-Phenome Analysis Platform (GPAP, https://platform.rd-connect.eu) and 3TR infrastructures. Technologies currently in use include Spark/hail, Python, Scala, Hadoop/Ceph, ElasticSearch, Postgres, DataSHIELD ,Opal and Jenkins. The work will be mostly geared towards the infrastructure needs of the Genomed4All project (https://genomed4all.eu/), an European project aiming to apply AI to clinical and genomics data.
The selected candidate will work on improving the infrastructure that supports GPAP platform and it will help with the automation of dataflow from sequencers and user submission to the HDFS/Ceph and Elasticsearch clusters. The selected candidate will install and manage the tools/services to improve the processes of Continuous development, of workflow management and of services deployment.
About the team
The selected candidate will join the team of engineers coordinated by Dr. Davide Piscia within the Bioinformatics Analysis Unit led by Dr. Sergi Beltran. The multi-disciplinary 20 member Unit is focused on NGS data analysis and tool development, mostly related to human health. The Unit develops the RD-Connect GPAP (https://platform.rd-connect.eu) and participates, among other, in Solve-RD (www.solve-rd.eu), EJP-RD (www.ejprarediseases.org), Genomed4All (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101017549), 3TR (https://3tr-imi.eu/), ELIXIR (www.elixir-europe.org), MatchMaker Exchange (www.matchmakerexchange.org), GA4GH (www.ga4gh.org) and Clúster de Valorització d'EGA per a la Indústria i la Societat (VEIS).
Whom would we like to hire?
Desirable but not required/ Nice to have
Education and training
The Offer – Working Conditions
We provide a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, and unique professional career development opportunities. To check out our training and development portfolio, please visit our website in the training section. (https://www.crg.eu/en/content/training).
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees and are offering extended vacation period and the possibility to benefit from flexible working hours.
All applications must include:
A motivation letter addressed to Dr. Davide Piscia.
A complete CV including contact details.
Contact details of two referees.
All applications must be addressed to Dr. Davide Piscia and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Suggestions: The CRG believes in ongoing improvement and promotes a culture of feedback. This is one of the reasons we have in place, at your disposal as a candidate, a mechanism to gather your suggestions/complaints concerning your candidate experience in our recruitment processes. Your feedback really matters to us in our aim at creating a positive candidate journey. You can make a difference and help us improve by letting us know your suggestions through the following form. https://recruitment.crg.eu/webforms/recruitment-contact-form-
Job Type: Full-time