- Owns architecture, design, implements, and maintains modules/services within a product.
- Provides technical leadership in solving complex problems and creating high-quality software.
- Independently defines milestones, plans tasks, and schedules work items.
- Leads the development of new features, defines technical requirements.
- Works with product architects, suggests, and proposes design and architectural changes.
- Conducts technical interviews.
- Guides other engineers technically with feature design and implementation.
- Actively leads and mentors team members.
- Collaborates with the Product Management team to refine requirements based on engineering assessment of solution and estimates.
- Participates in customer calls, assimilates, and conveys feedback, and identifies technical areas of improvement for the product.
- Possesses strong awareness of markets and competing products.
- Identifies risks and devises mitigation plans throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Conducts onboarding sessions for new employees joining the team.
- Influences others to be excited and committed to furthering the organization's objectives.
- Overseeing the automated testing and providing feedback to management during the development process.
- Contribute to technical blogs and external forums.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience with recognized and applicable industry certifications.
- 7+ years' of highly technical, hands-on job experience.
- 5+ years' experience building and designing solutions that run in virtualized environments.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role or extensive experience working with internal business leads.
- Solid knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it e.g. Express, Sequelize, etc.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Solid experience in Cloud Technologies (preferably AWS, Azure) is a distinct advantage
- AWS Accreditation is a plus.
- Experience leading a software engineering team developing solutions.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills including communication, empathy, and assertiveness.
- Experience with Container and Container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes is an advantage.
- Organized and goal-focused, ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Letterkenny - Ireland
Golang Job Details
Our client, a global cloud/ data protection company, is looking for a candidate for the role of Principal Software Engineer, to join their team in Letterkenny, Ireland.
The ideal candidate will be providing cross-functional technical leadership to create high-quality software. The client is looking for a Principal Full Stack Engineer on AWS with NodeJS or Java experience. The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to be technically confident, consult with experts to build expertise, and develop simple designs to solve complex problems.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering/Director of Engineering, the right candidate will have a track record of designing, implementing & operating highly available, scalable, and efficient software solutions. They will focus on leading software delivery best practices through Agile methodology. You will be responsible for the technical guidance and mentoring of the team. The candidate will be required to collaborate with Product Management to refine requirements, product architects to propose architectural changes, and other product owners to drive features to completion with good quality.
This is a permanent position working Monday-Friday with the possibility to work from remote twice a week.
The candidate must be based within 50miles from Dublin and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.