- Build world class CI/CD platform exclusively for mobile applications at Venmo.
- Build tooling or systems that increase the developer productivity.
- Build automation across our services — change management, release state machine and modeling, automated issue tracking, key quality signals for coverage and health, and provide mitigation tooling via our hotfix.
- Implement a structured CI/CD process for a complex ecosystem.
- Monitor and alert mechanisms for infra deployment, CI/CD health and release processes.
- Enhance and provide the tooling and dashboard for all our developers and internal teams.
- Experience with at least one or more languages: Golang, Python, C++, Kotlin, Swift
- Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
Experience with one or more of the programming languages (Golang, Python, Kotlin, etc) and data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc) and distributed systems design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience with database design and architecture, i.e. data modeling and experience with design patterns
- Understanding of iOS app building, publishing to app stores.
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Understanding of cloud computing
- Excellent understanding of testing methodologies: Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing, Interface Testing, Mock
Ciudad de México - Mexico
Golang Job Details
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: Venmo is a mobile first company, and it’s crucial to quickly ship features to our end users. We are building a fully automated self-serve platform. You can play a key role in shaping the future of this platform. The mission of the Mobile Infra team is to provide efficient high-quality releases with guardrails and visibility for all Venmo applications. We are responsible for taking the code from our engineers all the way into the hands of our end users. We are pushing the envelope with several exciting new capabilities – continuous testing, remote building, fully automated release cycle, automated staged production rollouts, internal employee dogfooding.
Mobile Infra Engineer
About the Role
Venmo is a mobile first company, and it’s crucial to quickly ship features to our end users. We are building a fully automated self-serve platform. You can play a key role in shaping the future of this platform.
The mission of the Mobile Infra team is to provide efficient high-quality releases with guardrails and visibility for all Venmo applications. We are responsible for taking the code from our engineers all the way into the hands of our end users. We are pushing the envelope with several exciting new capabilities – continuous testing, remote building, fully automated release cycle, automated staged production rollouts, internal employee dogfooding.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.