- Developing and integrating servers like world-servers, authorization-servers, matchmakers, content-servers, etc.
- Developing back-end solutions for games
- Using languages like Python, Golang, C# and/or C++
- Working with game engines like Unity3d and/or Unreal
- Developing databases like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra and Redis
- Networking, operating systems, and hardware
- (upcoming industry) solutions like SpatialOS and HadeanOS
- (upcoming industry) trends and implementations like game-streaming solutions
- You have experience in creating planning and budgets on the basis of a GDD and TDD.
- You are skilled in translating creative and functional requirements into technical back-end implementations.
- You have management and coaching experience, your management style is based on trust and team involvement in strategy building.
- Your administrative qualities like good documentation and dotting the i’s are well developed.
- You are a capable and inspiring project manager that gets satisfaction from meeting deadlines while properly managing risks.
- When it comes to game back-end development you are a visionary and an optimist. You see many solutions for each problem, you think in new concepts, you are creative and you can transfer your vision well to your colleagues and team.
- You find it important to keep the workplace fun and you’re open to criticism.
- You like to work closely with the partners in the management team and share responsibility with them.
- You have excellent English language skills
The Hague - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
Are you a talented video-game back-end (lead) developer that would love to have responsibility for the technical development of a unique MMORPG design? Would you like to live in the Netherlands (the Hague area)? Than perhaps this is the opportunity for you.
We are an early phase project, currently in the stage of acquiring financing. We are looking for a partner in this large project. In exchange for shares you will be responsible for creating the back end solution of the game. With a small team of experts we aim to bring this game to community funding and achieve additional funding from other sources. We all work on this on a time-for-share basis.
If we are successful in securing funding you will be employed as our Lead Back-end Developer to co-lead and mentor the development team, have an important voice in the technical strategy & planning and build a low-latency, highly distributed and scalable back-end server solution for our MMORPG. You will share this responsibility with our technical director and the front-end lead developer. You will be required to move to the Netherlands (the Hague proximity).
Your time investment for the early phase is limited. We have a comprehensive GDD and TDD that we need you to verify and improve and we need your input for strategic choices regarding software and hardware architecture and game engine. We will add your name and experience to the project, giving the project your seal of approval. For these contributions you don’t need to be in the Netherlands. Only when we can match our offer with a full-time employment, will you be required to make the move.
We take into account that you might come from outside the Netherlands, as within the Netherlands only very few game studios have experience with large scale PC/console multi-player projects. When the time comes we will offer you a secure contract and assist you, and if need be, your family, to move over and settle in the Netherlands.
It is possible that you will be directing and teaching developers that are fresh out of higher education. For this reason you must not only be a technical visionary, you must also enjoy coaching and team building to create your own quality team.
You are very experienced in/or have high-level knowledge of:
This project might not achieve adequate funding, costing you time without monetary reward. That is a risk you need to be aware of. This game might also be the gap in the market we think it is. In that case this is a multi-million dollar project with considerable future revenues, making your shares valuable. Part of the deal is that in case of successful funding we expect you to come on board and commit yourself to the project and management of the game for years to come.
Obviously you need to be as enthusiastic about the project as we are. If we think you have the right experience we will share the game concept and the contract proposal with you and we’d be happy to share knowledge and help regarding settling in the Netherlands. You will also get to speak to other partners before committing, such as the Technical Director and the Lead Front End Developer.
If you are interested, please contact Peter Schreuder Jonkman through [email protected]. We look forward to your reply.