- Embracing your inner creative to help design new features and solutions across Flinkâ€™s Checkout and Payments teamÂ
- Collaborating closely with other teams to deliver high value to the end-user
- Driving the team towards adapting and experimenting with new technologies
- Contributing to the scaling up of the team by bringing great talent on board and developing junior team members - we never let another Flinker fail!
- Fostering the Flink culture promoting inclusivity, diversity and creativity in all aspects of your day to day roleÂ
- Taking part in the discussions and planning of new feature and development roadmaps.
- At least 5 years of experience working with JavaÂ and/or Golang, experience with Kotlin is also beneficial
- An open-mind - nothing is impossible letâ€™s work together to get creative and be the best we can be
- Comfortable working in cross-functional agile teams where collaboration is keyÂ
- The ability to work inÂ a fast paced collaborative environment where you can navigate easily between different technical views.
- Previous experience of managing projects and/or small teams
- Experience building scalable and reliable large-scale applications
- Rigor in high code quality, unit testing, andÂ integration testingÂ
- Working of using infrastructure as code is desirableÂ
- Ability to communicate in English fluently
- The opportunity to work at one of the best funded startups in the Netherlands, aiming to completely redefine one of the largest categories
- A great opportunity to grow within Flink - we are growing quickly and sustainably
- An awesome team spirit and an exciting workplace in the heart of Amsterdam with a dynamic and international environment
- Transparent company culture with flat hierarchies
- A competitive salary and several other perks like a Friday borrel and Monday team lunches
- 20% discount on your own Flink grocery orders
Amsterdam - Netherlands
Golang Job Details
We are Flink - your online supermarket revolutionising the way you do your grocery shopping. With a wide selection of over 2,400 high-quality products, we aim to deliver to your door in just 10 minutes. We put our customers first and ensure all products delivered are fresh and nutritious. In addition to this, we are able to customise our national assortment to be able to offer you unique local products in every city. Our delivery hubs are located in densely populated inner-city locations and we strive to be sustainable by delivering on electric bikes and using packaging that can be recycled.Â
Founded by experienced e-commerce professionals and backed by some of the most renowned investors in Europe, we are growing rapidly and have a great hunger to continuously challenge ourselves. We pride ourselves in being an inclusive and equal opportunities employer with a diverse and multicultural team.
If you want to be part of this exciting journeyâ€¦ read on!
In your role as Senior Software Engineer, you will take ownership of different projects to drive forward growth in your designated division. All of the projects you work on will expose you to some of the latest cutting edge technologies that allow our ground-breaking Quick-Commerce platform to be the best it can.
You will also have a hand in not only developing our offering in terms of tech but helping to nurture and develop the next generation of Flinkers. Your work will have a real impact on assisting Flink to continue to grow as a market-leading, inclusive and overall fun company to be a part of. Our tech stack consists ofÂ Java, JVM, Kotlin, Scala, Golang and GCP.Â
You will be instrumental in building the Payments system from scratch using Kotlin, with a focus on the backend.Â If you have limited exposure to Kotlin or none at all, feel free to apply, especially if you have a significant experience as a Java developer.Â
Your day to day in this role will include:Â
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.