- Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide roster-based 3rd level support and liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Build and Release Cloud Releases that package docker containers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based cloud environments.
- Experience with Azure Kubernetes and other Azure Resources
- Experience with virtualization and containerization building using docker maven and Jenkins
- Experience troubleshooting complex ecosystems across multiple cloud platforms
- Good experience in Terraform, helm, Jenkins and Kubernetes
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Python, pwoershell and Golang)
- Domain knowledge of banking and financial institutions and/or large enterprise IT environment.
- Sound knowledge on SDLC methodologies (Waterfall and Agile Scrum or Kanban).
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., JBoss, NGINX).
- Shared workspace and self organization skillset alongside knowledge of Markdown documentation.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Ottawa - Canada
Golang Job Details
Zafin is the award-winning global leader in cloud-based product and pricing solutions. We enable clients to advance core banking modernization and their digital transformation roadmap. Zafin works with more than 450 financial institutions globally whose assets range from $200 million to $3 trillion in total assets.
Zafin is backed by significant financial partners committed to accelerating the company’s growth and fueling our continued innovation. Our recent acquisition of FINCAD solidifies our position as a high-growth SaaS provider. Together, we are disrupting financial services by offering pricing and advanced analytics solutions to institutions across all banking segments: retail, corporate, commercial, and capital markets.
Our clients benefit from our 60 ecosystem partners and over 500 talented employees spread across 13 global offices. Zafin is proud to be recognized as a top employer and certified Great Place to Work® in Canada, the UK, and India.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Manager, SaaS Operations, the Cloud Engineer will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
Location: * Anywhere in Canada (Remote)
What will you do?
What do I need to succeed?
Nice to have:
What's in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
Zafin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time