- Helping game studios integrate multiplayer features into the next ‘Call of Duty’
- Developing plugins and extending our automation framework
- Developing core features for our allocation and provisioning systems
- Evolving, scaling, productizing and supporting our Kubernetes platform
- Crafting and implementing tools and automations running on distributed systems
- Deploying and maintaining multiple Kubernetes clusters across multiple DCs with hundreds of nodes
- Performing root cause analyses and proposing and/or implementing appropriate engineering solutions to prevent or mitigate recurring incidents.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Creating tools to automate all the things!
- Excellent programming skills
- A good grasp of fundamental algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills
- Can identify sophisticated problems and find simple solutions
- Can clearly communicate technical concepts in plain English
- Understanding of SQL based databases (MySQL preferred)
- Knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. TCP, UDP
- Experience with multi platform software development
- Experience with security and scalability
- Experience developing REST web services
- Experience with Kubernetes and golang
Vancouver - Canada
Golang Job Details
Software Development Internship
Demonware (Activision), Vancouver
Demonware provides online services for gaming. We craft, develop, and host services for some of the world’s biggest video game franchises, including Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot.
We are technology-driven and dedicated to openness. This means collaborating to tackle problems, the freedom to talk to anyone, and the best idea wins. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much!
TO BE CONSIDERED,
Please complete our Codility assessment: https://app.codility.com/public-link/Demonware-Demonware-Internship-2023/
We’re open to work terms of 8+ months. Recently graduated? We still want to hear from you!!
Big company challenges, small company culture
Demonware hosts millions of concurrently connected users. Some of the technologies we use are Python, Linux, MySQL, C++, and Erlang. We solve tough problems on a day-to-day basis, and interns have a huge impact on what we do. We’ve had interns contribute code and have it running in production within the first three days of joining.
Please list any additional experience you have with Linux at home, any programming-related hobbies and resulting projects, any exciting school assignments you worked on, any open-source involvement and a link to your code repository and/or blog.
How to Apply
You can apply directly through your Coop office or directly apply at demonware.net
If you are not applying through your school program, please submit your resume, cover letter (optional but preferred) and a copy of your most recent school transcripts.
As part of the application process, you will need to complete an online coding challenge.
Once you have completed the challenge, our hiring teams will review your results and your application documents.
Below you will find a link to the Codility site where the challenge is hosted. You will need a full 130 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete the challenge.
Demonware Internship Challenge 2023:
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply