- More than 5 years of programming experience.
- We use mainly PHP & Golang at Socialpoint, but if you have a background in other languages like Python, Java, C#, … we think that you could also be a good fit
- Intermediate systems knowledge and understanding of what happens behind your code
- You accept challenges: you’ll be happy to see our traffic doubling instead of being daunted :)
- You are able to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical people.
- Experience designing and implementing complex systems with multiple parts and technologies
- Experience with application scalability, performance, and reliability
- Experience with application and system orchestration: understand where your code fits within the big picture
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have employed a hybrid working from home/office system. So, what does this mean? All we ask is that you live within commuting distance of our office so you are able to come into the office for important meetings/events.
- Relocation support to help you move to Barcelona (if you’re not already here).
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays.
- A very generous ticket-restaurant to restore some life-points.
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, to keep your health bar full.
- Choose from the latest IOS or Android device upon joining (phone or tablet).
- Free language lessons (English & Spanish ).
- Spotify Premium to add that special soundtrack that every adventure deserves.
- Legendary social events & parties to let off some steam.
- Players develop…Oops, sorry! People development is key for us: an amazing budget just for you to spend skilling up your abilities & knowledge to achieve real growth opportunities!
Coming to work in the office? Don’t worry - we have you covered. Check out some of our onsite benefits:
- State of the art gym facilities so you can level up your build stats.
- Book an appointment with our onsite physiotherapist for your aches and pains.
- A massive gaming room equipped with all consoles and games you could ask for.
- Drop by our onsite hairdressers for a trim (and forget your wallet; it's a Guild perk).
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Please click “apply” to level up and submit your application in English.
Socialpoint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You’re welcome on the team no matter where you’re from, who you like, what you look like, or if you prefer Xbox over Playstation. It’s a trick question – mobile wins every time! We hire based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. Our games are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
Barcelona - Spain
Golang Job Details
Permanent | Full Time
Ready for your next adventure?!
We are Socialpoint, a world-renowned mobile games studio based in sunny Barcelona. Our games are positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, and they are played and loved by millions of fans all over the world. We are proud members of the Take-Two Interactive family, and we are on a mission to offer a great gaming experience and bring fun to everyone!
Your quest will involve:
We're looking for software engineers that will work on services for games played and loved by several million users every day, all over the world. Those services must scale-out to serve high user traffic every day and must be developed with the highest quality this competitive industry requires. We expect our developers to keep our tech state-of-the-art and, at the same time, come up with great new ideas.
Our backend applications are developed using several technologies and programming languages (PHP, Golang, AWS EC2, Kubernetes, etc…), so you should not be afraid to work with our existing code, extend, maintain and continuously refactor the backend of our games.
Your job is not only about coding. You will also have to work with other teams like mobile, analytics or systems to integrate your components and write technical designs, documentation, knowledge sharing and training other team members.
As a backend engineer, you will also be part of our games team and work closely with game design, player experience, mobile, and other departments. You will be integrated with business decisions as part of our technology strategy.
To join our Guild you’ll need: